Well I'm still trying to catch up on pictures but I'm making progress slowly but surely! Easter was a lot of fun this year even though we were still in a little disarray after the move. On the Saturday before Easter we went over to Mimi's house and had a wonderful dinner with everyone and a fun egg hunt! Cal didn't quite get to hunt for eggs this year but he definitely had fun sticking them in his mouth. (He's definitely at that stage where anything and everything goes straight into the mouth!) We had such a great time seeing the family and its so nice that Cal is going to get to know his cute cousins better.
On Easter Sunday we just relaxed at home and Cal got his own little Easter basket. I had so much fun making it even though he had no idea what was going on of course! :) I just love holidays though and couldn't resist! His basket consisted mostly of eggs with candy I could hardly wait to devour, some baby food for him (since he started his first solid food other than rice cereal that weekend--yeah!), and some play blocks. He had a blast playing with all the grass and the eggs--he was in heaven!
Another exciting thing that happened on Easter weekend was we got new cars! After moving here we knew we'd have to get a second car for Dan to commute in and we've been wanting to get more of a utility type car for me to drive as the 'family car'. So we did everything all at once and we traded in the volvo and got a Pilot and a Corolla. We are so happy with them and excited to have something that will be much better for outings to the beach and the mountains as well as something with screamin' gas mileage with all these crazy gas prices!
Cal's First Easter
Posted by Dan and Ashley on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 | 6 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Comments
6 comments:
I love all of the cute easter pics of Cal! He looks like you I think! That's awesome you got new cars! Corollas are really great cars! I used to have one and it was awesome! They run forever! I love to ride bikes to! I've taken some spin classes here at the school and they are a really super good workout!
You guys are so fun! Cal is getting huge. I can't believe it. I hope the transition to San Diego is going well. I have to say, I love spinning. I miss going to a spinning class regularly. Good luck with physical therapy!
Ash! Cal is growing up so fast! We are SOOOO excited to come see you guys in July. How fun that you guys got new cars, how are you liking the Pilot - I love the look of them!
My sister Megan recently bought a Pilot and loves it...there is so much room! You can fit like 5 car seats very comfortably in there...I know, we've done it. And also, can I just say that baby Cal's little brown sandals are adorable! They make him look so grown up!
I went on a cruise the last week in march -- I wish we were going on another one!
Cal is getting big...he is also so smiley. We miss you guys up here.
I also like the car choices...I've always loved the corolla as a commuter.
Post a Comment