Just a week before we moved my sister Amy finally got to come out to visit us in the city! I had been wanting her to come out forever so I was so excited that her and Ken made it. We had so much fun with them and the entire weekend was a blast! They got to see a true San Francisco weekend as it was quite cloudy and overcast and even stormy a lot of the time, but hey, that's what we love about the city--your sunny warm days are never taken for granted. :) We showed them a lot of our favorite sites and just relaxed and had a good time. Some of the highlights were: eating at Barney's, Golden Gate Bridge lookout, playing the Wii, eating at Mama's (okay you don't have to tell us we're obsessed....haha...we already know, but just so you know we've never taken someone there that didn't LOVE it too ;) ), walking around Washington Square, taking pictures in the rain, driving around Sausalito, going to the De Young Museum tower lookout in Golden Gate Park, feeding Cal his baby food, eating at Chaya downtown and getting a babysitter for the Cal babe, hiking Land's End in the rain, the Legion of Honor Museum, Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square, and lots and lots of chocolate! Wow, so much fun! I miss you already Ames and can't wait for you to come visit us in San Diego!!!Cal was pretty tired & fussy on our way home from dinner one night so Amy got out her iPhone and put on an episode of Grey's Anatomy for him to watch (it was all she had)--he was silent and watched the entire way home--he thought it was great! It was too funny! Hey, I guess you do whatever works....hehe
Cal loves his auntie Amy Sue
Me and Justin Timberlake at the Goorin Brothers hat store in Washington Square :)
At the De Young Museum lookout--its free and the views are amazing!! Definitely go sometime!
My cute little sister and my big boy--I love it!
At the lookout they have a huge wall with a satellite photo of the city--it was fun to see where everything is in comparison to the others. Here I am pointing at our house in the outer richmond on the west side of the peninsula.
Dan pointing at his office downtown in the financial district
Lovin' being fed by his Auntie
Outside of Chaya, an amazing restaurant downtown. We enjoyed delicious sushi and other seafood as well as live music and unbelievable views of the Bay Bridge! So fun to have a night out!
Bay Bridge in the background
The Henry's deep in thought with the statue of The Thinker at the Legion of Honor
Land's End on a very stormy day--so beautiful!
Sister Fun
Posted by Dan and Ashley on Friday, April 18, 2008 | 6 comments
Cal Bear strutin his stuff at Ghiradelli's.....this is what you end up in after you've blown out of your diaper twice in one day, undies and boots. What a cutie I can hardly stand it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Comments
6 comments:
Looks like you were able to do a lot of fun things before you left. We miss you guys and hope everything is going well in San Diego, we would love to come visit you sometime!
Fun times! The suspense is killing me though, I need to see some San Diego pics!
How fun to show Amy around San Fran. Ash! I can't believe how long your hair is getting...I love it! I am getting so bored with mine, I'm thinking of chopping mine.
Wow you guys did a ton!!! Having people come visit is such a good excuse to get out and do stuff. I love my sisters and I always want them to come visit, so I can imagine it was great to have her visit. Ashley, don't joke around about the RV trip cause if I tell Jason you guys want to do it sometime, he will stop everything and start planning...he is seriously in love with RV trips! We would love to go with you guys, it would be so fun!
What an adventure living in SF must have been, so many amazing things to do! I think you must have lived in my brother's ward! He moved in August though-he was in med school at UCSF. OH and I have to tell you how beautiful your hair is...love it long! Say hi to Dan for me! Cal is adorable!
Post a Comment