Not even a week after we moved to San Diego we left our apartment in a shamble of boxes and headed out for our cruise to the caribbean. It was kind of tough timing because Dan was given the trip as an award from his employer in San Francisco, so we had to hurry and take the trip and it ended up landing right in the middle of a crazy time. But it turned out to be a great, much needed vacation and a nice relaxing getaway from all the craziness back at home. I was so nervous to take Cal with all the time changes, long flights, and crazy sleeping situations since we'd all be staying in one small room, but honestly, he was such a trooper and did amazingly well. It was still a very different experience taking a baby on a trip like that and we couldn't go out and do and see everything but we took it for what it was and kept things simple and relaxing and just low key. My Mom and stepdad came too, so that was a ton of fun and such a great excuse to see my momma for a whole week! It also made it so nice having them there because their room was next to ours and we could put the monitor on in our room and go next door after Cal went to bed.
The cruise left from Fort Lauderdale, FL and the places we visited on the trip were San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas, Virgin Islands; Casa de Camp, Dominican Republic; and Labadee, Haiti. They were all great but my favorite was Labadee. It was so green and beautiful and we got to play in the ocean a lot there which is always the best. It was fun to have an excuse to get dressed up every night and it felt so good to get some sun, eat lots of food, relax by the pool, exercise, read, listen to live music, etc. We had a great time and I'm so glad we got to go! Thanks hun for the awesome vacation!
The slideshow has a ton of pictures from the trip but I thought I'd also add a few favorite pics here separate so that when I print this they will come out with the post.
Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic
Grandma A and Cal playing by the pool
In front of our ship in San Juan, Puerto Rico
Taking cal swimming for the very first time! It was soooo much fun! He was so adorable!
Cal listening to the reggae band at the pool
All dressed up for dinner
Swimming in the ocean at Labadee, Haiti



Comments
12 comments:
Hey Ashley! Looks like a great vacation--we LOVE cruises! :) Cal is getting so big and is so stinkin' cute!!! :)
looks like so much fun...but you have to promise to come visit us in the caribbean if we move there, okay!?
what a fun cruise! I was just in Labadee at the end of March. Did they have a high chair that you could put him in at dinner or did you just have to bring your stroller?
How fun! You guys look great, and I just love seeing Cal in his Cruise wear.
It looks like soo much fun. I would love to get some of that sun!!! I'm so happy you guys could take a little break from all the madness in your lives
How fun Ashley! I am so jealous! Cal is getting so big and just keeps getting cuter!!! I got your message and somehow it didn't save so I don't have your number...please call me (again)! I think we are vacationing to San Diego and we would love to see you guys!
Cal is a little trooper! I love all of those cute outfits you have him in! It looks like a fantastic trip! Ash I have to know where you got your cute suit from!
Looks like you guys had so much fun on your cruise! Way to milk the free trip before he left! I'm glad Cal did so well and that you had a great time.
Sorry to hog all your comments, but I just had to tell you one more thing:).
I was showing Isaac your pictures and everytime one of Cal came up he would smile and wave. It was so cute! So they are now officially buddies.
How fun was that for you guys! I'm so glad you were able to go on a little vacation! You look beutiful as always Ash! Cal is just darling! Love his little hats!
Wow. That looks absolutely amazing! I can't wait to take Finn swimming...CAl looked like he was having so much fun!
Wow, You guys have been so busy, the criuse looked like such a blast. and Cal is so handsome, cute clothes too! one of my favorite pictures is where you guys are in front of the LOVE, although you guys are quite the photogenic family so all the pictures look great.
Post a Comment