My New Friend



I've never been much into bike riding, in fact, I never really enjoyed it at all. But I've turned over a new leaf and I've learned to love spinning! Right before we left San Francisco I started going back to physical therapy to get some help reevaluating my injuries and trying to get stronger to see if I could make some progress towards running again as well as some pain management. I was sort of frustrated when they told me the only cardio they wanted me to do for awhile was the stationary bikes until I could get stronger and we could focus on strengthening my other injury sites. I was disappointed thinking, geez, all I want to do is run and you limit me to nothing but a bike! But gradually as I've done the bike more and more I've decided I love it! It is such a good low-impact and super challenging workout! I honestly finish thinking I'm going to pass out sometimes (probably just because I'm a wimp), but I love feeling like even though I'm not quite ready to just go for a long run or do certain sporting events I can still challenge myself and find ways to feel healthy and see progress. It makes me feel so grateful for the abilities I do have and the things I am able to do. Now I just need to be more dedicated and do it more often! So if you haven't done it before or never used to like it give it a try! It really can be fun! Here's to learning to love new things!

Comments

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ashley, I haven't seen you guys since before your car accident, and I know you were pretty seriously injured and took a long time to recover--do you mind if I ask you how your life was changed by your injuries?

Aim said...

hahaha, how many times have you had to tell that story anyway?

I was not a bike lover either! In fact I hate all that is cardio but since I joined the gymn here I have come to really enjoy the bike. Mostly cause it's the only cardio I can do and read at the same time. That makes the time go by fast which is what I need! You look great by the way! Fabulous as always!

love you!
amie