Before leaving San Fran we knew we had to visit Alcatraz at least once-- so we finally got around to going on President's Day with Matt and Liz. It was even more fun than I had expected and the views of the city were especially amazing. That alone almost made the whole thing worth it. The tour was great though and it was definitely fun to see everything firsthand. I definitely got a little creeped out at parts for sure, but luckily I didn't even get a nightmare...:) On the Ferry Ride to Alcatraz Island
Golden Gate Bridge in the background
Bay Bridge
View of 'The Rock'
Those mugshots just creeped me out! It told exactly what crimes they had each committed, etc. Eeww, Yuck!
This is the view from one of the tiny windows inside the cellblock. So crazy that the prisoners could see this glimpse of the huge city and life going on without them just a short distance away.
Views from the island
The classic cell, quite creepy really
All the cells in a row--glad we weren't there after dark, I would have been terrified!
Alcatraz
Posted by Dan and Ashley on Saturday, April 12, 2008 | 3 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Comments
3 comments:
Cal is so adorable. Sorry to always talk about Isaac in your comments, but Cal reminds me so much of him. They seriously look just alike, and Isaac loves books too. He is always pulling them out and throwing handing them to me to read him.
He seems like such a happy guy. you can tell you are a great mommy!
I just realized I messed my comment up so bad there. First, Isaac does throw is books into my lap when he wants me to read them, but I thought that would sound bad so I tried for the more polite, "handing" but then I forgot to delete the thowing and now I have totally embarrased my boy.
Also, at the bottom when I say, "he seems like such a happy guy", I am of course talking about Cal. Isaac is happy too, but I was not trying to tell everyone that I am a good mommy:). I had better make sure I improve my commenting skills for next time.
Cal is getting so big! Where in the world is the time going! He's such a happy little guy! Alcatraz, love the pictures, I really want to go there!
Post a Comment