In October, Cal and I got to spend a whole week at my Mom's house in Phoenix. Dan came over for the weekend with us but then drove back for work on Monday. Cal and I had a great time relaxing and he had the time of his life exploring Grandma's house and getting so many loves from her! I love my Mom so much and I love what a wonderful Grandma she is to Cal and all her grandkids. They are so lucky to have her as the funnest, cutest, and most loving Grandma ever!
Most of the time we just relaxed at home and that was partly due to the fact that Cal got really really sick starting the day we left for Phoenix. He had a super high fever and then he started getting an awful rash that began on his face and each day spread to more of his body. He was also of course, VERY grumpy and sad and super clingy. It was really hard because I've never seen him so sick. We did take him to urgent care and although they weren't positive we think he most likely had Scarlet Fever/Strep. Luckily the antibiotics helped clear it up pretty quickly and he was back to his normal rambunctious self after a few days, and he still got to have fun and play on our trip.
One of the highlights of the trip was that my sister Allyson came down for a couple days at the end of our stay with her sweet baby girl, Kierstyn, from Wisconsin. It was SO great seeing them and meeting my cute niece for the first time.

Other people's houses are so much more fun! Cal loved exploring!

The doggie door--a VERY exciting mystery to a 13 month old

This is what Cal looked like most of the time while he was sick. Just totally wasted and so sad. He was so clingy to me and got really really attached to his binky & blankie.

Grandma giving the sick little boy some loves

A sick, rashy face--(BTW--I think these are the type of pictures people see when they are like "Oh wow, he's really starting to look a lot more like you." Hahaha. I can see the resemblance. :))

On Sunday we had a big family dinner and I got to see my nephews Ian and Campbell and my cousin Holly and her little girl Charlie. The kids had a blast together.

This isn't the best picture of him doing it, but oftentimes I can get Cal to do Downward Dog with me. I love it. All the kids wanted to try.

I love this sweet picture of my Mom and Cal playing in the backyard.

Another cute one of the little buddies.

And another.....nuzzles

I had to throw this in because this is the look I get from my child about 10 times a day.....He's not always all smiles. Haha...:) But even in his miserable sadness I still think that face is stinkin' cute. I just want to kiss those frowns away.

What is it with babies and cords??? They can't leave them alone.

One night while I was making dinner Cal decided to make a dinner of his own. He was mesmerized by the pots and pans Grandma got out for him and had a blast just stirring and stirring.

Out to dinner at Houston's even though he still wasn't feeling so hot. He just wanted to cuddle that blankie ALL the time!

Mom, me, and my sister Allyson the morning we left

Cal did pretty darn good on the flight home. We were SO SO lucky and got an entire row all to ourselves!! What a blessing. He just played on the seats and watched Baby Einstein the whole time. I don't know what I would've done if I'd had to restrain him on my lap that whole time! Yikes!!!


My Sister Allyson and her sweet little girl we call "Kiki"

She's got such a cute little smile!
Comments
1 comments:
Finn always does the downward facing dog during sacrament meeting! I think it is the funniest thing ever! And Cal's sickness sounds like what Finn had when we cancelled our trip to Tyson's wedding...except Finn's was viral so we couldn't give him any antibiotics. The times when they are sick makes you thankful that they aren't that clingy all the time :)
Post a Comment