Decorating for Christmas

We love Christmas! We can hardly wait for the day after Thanksgiving to decorate our house for Christmas, so sometimes we do it a few days before. :) Just so we can enjoy the festivities for that much longer. We love listening to Christmas music and do all through the month. It's just such a wonderful, cheerful time of year and I can't help but love every second of it.

The week of Thanksgiving we pulled out our Christmas boxes and had a great time decorating with Cal for the first real time. He was completely mesmerized by the lights, ornaments, everything, and couldn't get enough. (Every morning now when he wakes up he runs into the family room and points at the tree and in his gibberish very clearly tells me that the lights need to be turned on.) It was so fun watching him and I can't wait to see him on Christmas day. After we decorated everything we sat down and read him a book about Jesus' Birth and the real meaning of Christmas. Mimi gave us a little wooden nativity last year that kids can play with that also has the words to the nativity song on the back of each corresponding piece. He thought they were great and sat so still and interested while we read the story and explained what Christmas was really all about. I know he probably doesn't really get everything this year, but still I am amazed at how perceptive kids are and hopefully he felt a little about what we were talking about. What a wonderful time of year to celebrate, bring a little extra magic into each of our homes, be together as families and rejoice in the birth of our dear Lord so many years ago! I hope everyone has a wonderful and merry Christmas!
Putting the star on the tree with Daddy

He loved all the ornaments and had such a fun time helping us place them on the tree---nice and high, just out of his reach! :)
Dan having fun with the camera---I think this is a cool shot. We LOVE this scooter.
Reading the Christmas story

What a sweetheart
Of course we had to make him try on the antlers too--they even light up and sing :)
But first, Dad had to give his puppy a kiss


And since Elf just happens to be one of our all time favorite Christmas movies, we always put it on while we are decorating. ".......But I'm here now daaadddd.....and I love you I love you I LOOOVVEEE you!!!"

Comments

6 comments:

Joan said...

These pictures will make your heart ache one day...ache for the time when Cal was small. He is going to turn into a little boy right before your eyes! Isn't it amazing how quickly he is changing? I look at my Jimmie and often think: "where did my baby go?!"
Merry Christmas to you yours...Oh, and by the way your decor looks lovely :)

Ashley and Aaron said...

I just watched Elf a couple days ago...loved your quote at the end. I think you should travel through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops and come sledding with us! We just bought a sled today (it has been snowing SO MUCH the past couple days) and we can't wait to try it out!

Unknown said...

I love the pictures of you guys in Coronado! Cal is one lucky guy to have so many good pics of himself :)

I really liked the one of him and his doggie. (one of those things that can easily be forgotten, but now you have a picture :D )

Joan said...

Okay, just had to tell you that Dan looks like Justin Timberlake in the first pic...the short hair and scruffy beard. What a hottie :)

Lance and Becky said...

Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas, loved your Christmas card, your family is beautiful!

Rigby's said...

Love your pictures- Cal is adorable. Merry Chrismtas!
Emily