The Last Few Weeks...

Here are just some more random pictures from over the last few weeks. Tomorrow Cal turns 2 months old--so hard to believe! At his one month old appointment (actually 5 1/2 weeks old) he weighed 10 pounds 4 ounces and was 21.5 inches long. I have no idea how big he is now but I'm sure somewhere aroun 11 + pounds! He is a chunky little thing although the doctor says he is just about average--in the 50th percentile. We'll see next week though what his 2 month stats are. He is just so much fun and we can't get enough of him! I'm still trying to become a pro at the Mommy life but its looking like it will never happen! :) I still count myself lucky if (emphasized) I take a shower and put on makeup each day! It's really not bad and he's not even a very difficult baby, I'm just still learning how to get stuff done when the little windows of time open up during the day. He isn't really on any type of set schedule yet so it's hard to know just when is the best time to run out and get errands done or do things around the house. But we're getting better at it. He is a champ at night sleeping--at least he has been the last 2 or 3 weeks. He is sleeping anywhere from 6-8 hour stretches consistently at night and that makes him and me VERY happy! :) All around things are going great. I just adore this little boy and can't cuddle him or kiss him enough! He also has been smiling a ton the last couple weeks--it absolutely melts my heart every time. I'm still working on catching a good one on the still camera though. I've gotten some on the video camera but I think Dan thinks I'm crazy when he comes home and I have like 10 minutes worth of video of a baby cooing with an occasional smile. :) What can I say--I just love my little guy!!!! :)

Are you serious? Another picture mom?!

Dan and his boys





Do these stripes make me look fat? hehehe :)

A picture to show his battle wounds--I finally cut his little nails after a few of these showed up! Poor little guy!!!

Comments

7 comments:

Marc and Allyson Rogers said...

Wow - what a chunker he's getting to be ... so very cute! Thanks for posting the recent pictures. It was killing me not to know how he's changed in a month! I especially like the "fat in stripes" picture!!! Love you guys so much!

The Prigmore Family said...

He looks good in red! We have the BEST santa outfit you can borrow when you come for Christmas. can't wait.

Lance and Becky said...

He is just getting so big, I can't believe it! He looks like a little man, he's soooo cute! I love when they fall asleep cuddled up to you, eat it up, it breaks my heart that Lance doesn't really do that anymore!

Jenny said...

Ashley--I totally know what you mean about findnig the time for yourself. It took me a while to feel like life was normal and that I could still have a life and a personality, I don't know if that's what you're going through.

Even with a happy baby who is not super-demanding, if you wait for the stars to align to take a shower, it might not happen at all. Just don't forget that you don't need anyone's permission to take care of yourself!

Aaron and Sarah said...

Dan and Ash, It is so great to be able to stay in touch even when we are far away. Cal is the cutest boy! It seems like you are becoming a well adjusted mommy, Ashley!

Misti said...

He is so cute! I am so jealous that he is sleeping 6-8 hours at a time! That didn't happen with Ky until she was 8 months old!!

Jen said...

You are doing great! I think you are already a pro-mommy. Be careful with those nails, I drew blood on Bella one time, it was the saddest thing.