The Amazing McBrides

While we were in San Diego we got to see tons of family and friends--it was wonderful! Among them was the McBride family! Lindsay and I have known eachother since we were 4 and 5 years old and we have been best friends ever since. At the time we met we lived two doors down from eachother in Peoria, AZ. Lindsay moved to Denver several years later but we still stayed close. It seems like no matter how much time passes or how far apart we are its like nothing has ever changed (no matter how cliched that sounds). Lindsay, her husband Spencer & little boy Erik (who is 1) just moved back to San Diego from Hawaii a few months ago. We were so excited to be able to see them, meet Erik, and have them meet Cal. The last time we saw them was last summer when we were in Hawaii and Lindsay was still pregnant. It was so much fun to be together with our little boys! It feels like it wasn't that long ago that we were playing barbies in my basement or house in the old trailer and now we are both mommies!!! I can hardly believe it. It is so special to see Lindsay because she has been a part of my whole life--almost as far back as I can remember she has been in it, and she has been there through many ups and downs even if she was a phone call or a letter away. I just love her and am so grateful to have her friendship. We love Spencer and Erik too and had a great time seeing them as well. The McBride family is the best!

Me and Linds with our boys


Cute little Erik

Linds getting to know Cal

The McBride family

Comments

4 comments:

Miller Family said...

It's nice to put a face with a name! It is so fun getting together with childhood friends, there is nothing better!

Tiffany said...

I remember Lindsey from MyFamily.com! She is so cute, and her little boy is darling! Glad you had fun!

Aim said...

Awe! I just did a catch up of all your pics! He is getting SO big! You look wonderful!

Come leave your week's accomplishment on my page!

love ya!

amie

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

It is always SO fun to meet up with old friend. Ashley, I got your email I am so sorry but I can't find the pumpkin chocolate chip recipe!! I am so sad, I will keep looking though. Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you!