A couple weeks ago we celebrated Dan's birthday! Hooray!!! All around I think he had a pretty good day--he got surfing stuff, money, a case of root beer, and some gift cards. We also made him orange rolls for breakfast, enchiladas for dinner, and a great big chocolate layer cake with berries in the middle (what he asked for). I kinda winged it on the cake but it ended up turning out okay--or at least the pictures did. :) The Carpenters came over and celebrated with us although I don't know why we didn't get a picture with them in it!? They were there though, don't you worry. :)
Dan and his gigantic cake!
The cake of course
The 3 of us (I realize this is awful of me but making a big dinner and a cake in one evening with company for the first time since the baby came turned out to be a bit more of a challenge than I thought. Needless to say I didn't make it to the beauty parlor that day. :) How all you lovely ladies with more than one kid out there do it and manage to look like a beauty queen all at the same time is truly amazing!!! You're my hero.)
Happy Birthday Danny!!!!
Posted by Dan and Ashley on Friday, October 19, 2007 | 3 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Comments
3 comments:
I promise we didn't forget about you on your birthday, Dan! We thought of you all the way from Green Bay, WI! :-) And Ash, the rest of us who look like beauty queens with more than one kid ... our secret is we DON'T unless we know in advance we're gonna see you (or someone else important) that day. Then if we choose to beautify ourselves, then the rest of life suffers (very little dishes or laundry or picking up gets done). Am I correct all you ladies out there? Or is that my own personal flaw???
1st off-Ash you are not in PJs, nor is there barf or fecal matter on your clothes or in your hair. You are beautiful lil mommy!Luke is 1 & I still look like I have a newborn! Dan- my Dan had your b-day penciled in on the calendar on 3 different days b/c he wasn't sure which day it was. We thought of you on all 3 days! happy birthday ol chum!
Happy Late Birthday to Dan from the Shaeffers! We are sorry we keep missing each other - we need to talk soon. HOpe it was a good one! From the looks of it - it was! What an amazing cake Ash!
Post a Comment