Wisconsin Visit: Part I

In June, Cal and I were lucky enough to get to fly out to Wisconsin and visit my sweet sister Allyson and her family for 10 days at their home in Green Bay. Despite my fears, we somehow survived the 2 flights each way and Chicago lay-overs without a problem. I still don't know how we managed it, but Cal did seriously so well and only had a few minimal melt downs. I guess my prayers really were answered! :)

Unfortunately, my poor sister was sick most of the time we were there and we didn't even find out until a few days after I'd gotten back home that she'd actually had pneumonia! We just couldn't figure out why her nasty cold would not go away! Poor thing, was so sick. I'm glad Cal and I were there to help in what ways we could, even though I'm sure with my wild little man, we were sometimes more of a distraction than a help. But what can you do.

We had a great time visiting since it was out first time out there since they moved nearly 2 years ago! I've never been to that part of the country and so it was a fun and new experience too in that way. Green Bay really lived up to its name because it was seriously soo soo green and beautiful. A lot more flat than I am used to out west here, but the green grassy fields, little farm houses dotting the landscape, and gorgeous trees everywhere just made it a completely darling place. It was so great to see my nieces and nephews and spend some more time with them. We did lots of playing in and out doors and got some good relaxing in too.
RnCal
Cal and his cousin Rachel who is exactly a year older than him. They had a great time playing together! Sure wish they could see each other more often!
0022
They were two peas in a pod....most of the time. :) Cal can be a little bit of a bully and toy hog, so there were a few tears.
0010
Just hanging out
0009
We celebrated Caleb's 1/2 birthday one evening and I made a yummy smore dessert that is to die for, if I do say so myself. :)
0008
Cal got to go to his first baseball game. Well actually gameS.....when you have 5 kids there are a lot of sporting events to attend to. :)
0007
Caleb in action
0006
We also visited the Bay Beach Amusement Park and the kids had a blast on the little rides
0001
We went for lots of walks around the neighborhood too
0005
And after watching the big kids for awhile, Cal decided he wanted to get serious about playing ball....and I mean serious. 
0004
0003
IMG_0172
We were there for the last day of school so I got to meet Carlie and Caleb for a picnic at their elementary.
IMG_0157
Cal was in heaven having so many friends and so many toys around. He just played all day long and loved having all the space and entertainment!
0002

Comments

2 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

cousins are so fun! looks like a fun trip :)
ps - you need to share your smore dessert recipe!

jenna said...

love the pics! i agree you DO need to share that recipe.

what camera & lens do you use? love those outside shots. can't get mine to look that good outside!