The Woods & Ice Cream Lovers

The highlight of our summer was getting to FINALLY see our wonderful wonderful friends, Matt and Jess Wood and their sweet little boy Kaden!! It has been way way too long since we've gotten together (they live in Colorado) and so it was literally like a breath of fresh air to see and spend time with and laugh with our dear friends. We'd never had a chance to meet Kaden until now and it was so fun seeing the boys play together. They were two peas in pod and had so much fun running around and being wild together. Jess is still Pregnant in this picture, but they actually just had another sweet baby boy, Beckham, just a few weeks ago. He looks so adorable and we can't wait to meet him too! He is such a lucky boy getting to come to this amazing family!

One night while we were visiting we grabbed some Pizza and Ice Cream Cones at a yummy little corner shop in Bayfield after going swimming at the Rec Center in Durango. The boys were pretty tired and dirty at this point and so we decided, what the heck, and just let them go bananas over it. This evolved into some seriously hilarious pictures of the boys covered in ice cream and dirt from head to toe and I loved every second it.
0250
Here is the 6 of us. We didn't catch Matt smiling (unfortunately because his smile lights up the entire room), and I look like something the cat drug in (hey, we just went swimming--even though I know that 99% of the time this is what I look like), but hey, we are all in a photo together finally and that's what matters!!! Luckily Jess looks amazing for us all. Seriously, is there a cuter pregnant lady??!
0209
Our cute boys sharing their ice cream
0208
I love Kaden's expression in this one. Although my flash was acting up and giving me this big black blob at the bottom of the pictures. Lame.
0205
Um, yeah so please overlook the fact that Cal looks a little WT and totally like an orphan child in these photos. I promise we actually bath him, dress him in normal, clean, cute clothes, outfit him with shoes, and comb his hair on a regular basis. Oh, and we also don't normally allow him such obscene amounts of sugar. But we were on vacation.....what the heck, right?? And let's face it, I'll do anything to actually make him smile for a picture.
0206
0204
0207
0203
0202
The boys really were literally thrilled out of their minds that we were letting them indulge like this and they were soaking up every second.
0201
0200
I loved loved loved seeing these boys together at last and that moment outside the Ice Cream shop was just priceless.
We miss you Woods! Can't wait until our next visit!!!

Comments

1 comments:

Jess and Matt said...

Oh my gosh, that was SO much fun! I loved watching our boys enjoy the ice cream. We miss you guys so much already! Seriously, seeing you was one of the highlights of our summer. I wish we could see you more often and for much longer! Great pictures too...like always!