Arizona in July

What is the best thing to do in Arizona in July? 
SWIMMING!! Of course.
On our way back home from Colorado we stopped for the weekend at my Mom's house in AZ to visit and enjoy the warm pool for a couple days. We had so much fun seeing my step-sisters too and Cal's cousins Ian and Campbell. We BBQed, swam, shopped, found fabric for these great chairs we decided to recover, and even went on a fun date night. It was the perfect end to a perfect 2 1/2 week vacation!
0314
You know how sometimes when people are used to their routine of "he works" "she takes care of things at home" and then they go on vacation and the routine is totally interrupted and its fun, but by the end you are thinking "oh yeah, I think I'm ready for him to go back to work now and have a little space"? Totally makes sense. 
But Nope, not us. Seriously, whenever we go on vacation and get to be together 24/7 it is the best thing that ever happened and we have the hardest hardest time going back to regular life afterwards. We are a couple that really does need time. Lots of time. And when we get lots of it, it is so wonderful. I wish the 3 of us could just hang out together all day every day. Oh and not have to pay bills, do laundry, dishes, cleaning, you know.....all that boring stuff. But I guess, who wouldn't right?
0300
Cal loves his Daddy.....SOOOOO much. And he LOVED playing with him at the pool.
0304
Oh and he loved NEVER getting cold in the water 
0301
This is cute Campbell, just 3 months older than Cal
0303
My step-sister Holly and her son Campbell
0311
My other step-sister Meredith taking the pool torpedo for a ride
0310
Me and my Momma
0309
Cal playing "hoasey" aka "horsey" in the pool. He is galloping. 
0308
0307
Proof of the sun exposure we've had this summer.
0312
0302
0306
0305
These last two of my nephew Ian are some of my favs. Definitely going in the portfolio. The squished left ear is awesome.
0316
0315

Comments

1 comments:

Miller Family said...

I love the picture of you and Dan swimming, it needs to be framed!! It looks like you had an amazing summer. I know I had lots of other comments while I was looking at all your new posts but I can't think of them...just know I think you guys are awesome and we miss you!