Election time is nearing and although I am not the most "politically involved" person in the world, there is one issue that we are voting on that is particularly important and that Dan and I feel strongly about. I'm sure most of us living in California have heard about Proposition 8 --an original Proposition that was passed by 61% of California voters in 2000 but was then overturned by a Supreme Court ruling. So now Prop 8 is giving the voters another chance to make things right. Voting YES on Prop 8 will ensure that the State of California keeps the definition of marriage as only "between a man and a woman". I know this issue is complex and there are a lot of opinions out there, but I just want to encourage everyone to look into this more and learn about the consequences of changing this definition of marriage and what the implications will mean for our families, our children, our society, our schools, our religions, and so much more. Please make sure to vote YES on Proposition 8 on November 4th!
I got this great widget off my friend Ginny's blog as well as the two links below (hope you don't mind Gin :) ). I thought they were great. Take a few minutes and watch/read.
http://www.americanvalues.org/html/FUMA_steinfels.htm

Comments
1 comments:
I think it's great that you are getting involved politically! It's the Church's right to take a stance on issues such as Prop 8 and it's our right as LDS and as citizens to make these choices for ourselves! The thing that frustrates me is apathy- so way to go!
Post a Comment