Cal's first birthday party was so much fun! We had it at the beach down in Del Mar so we could enjoy the nice grassy area for the kids. Of course, a first birthday party really is more for the adults so we had lots of great food and fun enjoying ourselves at the beach. :) Thank you to all our family and friends who were able to come and who made it such a fun and memorable day! Cal had a great time digging into the cake Uncle Andy and his friend Jacqui made for him--it was a "golf" theme in honor of Daddy's work. Then he loved opening his presents and playing in Dean's little blow up pool on the grass. It couldn't have been a more beautiful day and the company couldn't have been better. There are lots of pictures down below.....
I still can't believe we have a little one year old. I never thought it would be possible to keep loving this kiddo more and more each day but that is exactly what happens. He also gets more fun all the time and its a joy just watching him grow and learn things so quickly. A few little things about Calvin (around his 1 year birthday):
-He all of a sudden started doing tons of new baby signs around 12 months old which is fun and a relief to us so that he can finally tell us what he wants rather than just yelling all the time. :)
-He started walking all over the place around 12 1/2 months and he loves his independence. He has so much fun just wandering around and is quite the speedster these days. We love him being able to walk because he can play so much better now outside and at the park and with other kids. Walking really is wonderful!
-He still says Dada/Daddy all the time and his Daddy is one of his favorite people in the world. One of the best ways to cheer him up when he is sad is to talk to him about his Daddy. He can say Mama too but usually that is just reserved for times when he is either crying or just sad/mad. Haha....lovely. Either way it still melts my heart.
-He can say Dog and recently started saying Ball and Cat too. His favorite thing to read about in books are animals. He loves them. He also still loves his doggy Cruiser.
-He loves going to the beach and plays so cute in the waves. We have to watch him close so he doesn't get swept away, but he can't get enough of the water and the sand!
-He loves watching movies, or baby movies, as we call them. I try not to let him watch too much, but sometimes it is a nice break and it really makes him so happy. He even does a baby sign for them. Yikes. Oh well. :)His favorites are still Baby Einstein & most recently a Barney video. He doesn't love TV too much so I guess that is a good thing.
-He is WAY more cuddly than he used to be. I had no idea that would happen but I love it! He also has a blankie and a bear that he loves and is very attached to.
-He has 6 teeth now! 4 on top, 2 on bottom. The top 4 have come in since his birthday.
-He loves to play hide and seek
He is getting so big and we just love him so much! Here are the birthday pics.
First Birthday Party!
Posted by Dan and Ashley on Wednesday, October 22, 2008 | 4 comments
The whole gang up on the grass
The perfect little cake
Cal was really excited about the cake
Yum Yum!--It looks like he squirted oil paint into his mouth
A nice big mess
Playing with cute little Dean in his pool
Opening presents
Just cute
Friends: Dan and Lukester
Maddie Lou--love the chocolate mouth
Dan and his brother Steven
Me and Liz
Alex ready to play in the sand
Mel and I had so much fun boogie boarding together . The ocean in late summer is my favorite--so warm, so refreshing, so wonderful. I seriously can't get enough of it!!! I'm so grateful to live by the beach!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Comments
4 comments:
It looks like it was a fun first birthday. I have to say I am a little jealous of all the sunshine you have. It looks very nice!
It looks like so much fun. and Ashely you hair looks so long! your beautiful, and so is cal! all of you-gorgeous family.
That was a fun day! I'm glad he liked Dean's pool. We need to get together again before Cal goes to bed so they can play more. He is growing up fast
What a fun trip! The pictures are darling. I want to squeeze on your little Cal...he is SUCH a happy boy.
Post a Comment