A Holly Jolly Christmas...

Christmas Day was wonderful and relaxing! This year was especially wonderful since it was our first Christmas as a little family. It was so much fun celebrating Christmas for the first time with Cal! Even though he didn't exactly know what was going on I think just having a baby around makes Christmas more meaningful and more exciting. He wore the cutest Christmas jammies passed on from his cousin Rachel and I couldn't get enough of him in them. He looked adorable. Just one more reason to smother him with hugs and kisses!

We spent Christmas day at Lee and Tami's house and just kicked back, opened presents, ate lots of good food, and enjoyed great company. We got so many wonderful things this year--Santa was definitely good to us. I actually got to surprise Dan with a Wii and we have been enjoying it a ton! He's been wanting one forever and so I've secretly been saving money aside for a few months to buy one for him without him knowing. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite as easy as I had anticipated to just go out and buy one. Oh well, hopefully all the waiting in lines at the mall game store and my new reputation as 'the crazy woman who runs at full speed down the mall with her stroller plowing through large masses of shoppers all while her poor baby is hanging on for dear life just to get to the front of the Wii line' was worth it after all??? Hahaha....the things we do to spoil our husbands. :)

Christmas morning! Hooray!


Showing off his first pair of Uggs from Grandma A--I can hardly wait til he can fit in them!

Little elf man.....what a sweetie. Can you see why I can't stop kissing those little baby cheeks???!!!

Cal trying out Michael & Alex's Rocking horses from Grandma Meier


Cute Alex

Comments

2 comments:

Jess and Matt said...

I am so happy that you guys had such a wonderful Christmas. I was sad to have missed you in San Francisco...but we will see you soon....I hope! Your little Cal is the cutest thing..he really is a little Dan. I LOVE THAT BABY! I just want to squeeze him and smother him with kisses!

Jen said...

I can't believe how much he looks like Dan. He is becoming quite a little man, look at him hold his head up. He'll be crawling before you know it.