Toddler/Mommy Preschool Christmas Performance

Once a week Cal and I go to a little Toddler/Mommy Preschool for a couple hours just to get us out of the house and for Cal to have fun with other kids and enjoy a little structured routine. He has so much fun and I enjoy socializing with the other Moms so it is a win win. He really LOVES going and gets so excited for each activity they do. 

The couple months before Christmas they had the kids practice singing Christmas songs every week to get ready for the little Christmas performance in December. It was so cute watching him shake his little jingle bells and dance around. They also had all the kids make the cutest little matching reindeer shirts using their foot and handprints that they all wore to the performance. Obviously, it was a quick little show and of course, mostly for us silly parents who get a kick out of watching our kids dress up in matching outfits and pretend like they actually know Christmas songs (LOL), but still, something about watching your one year old up there with all the kids, shaking his little jingle bells just melts your heart. And going to something like that is when you truly feel inducted into parenthood. It was a fun little memory and peak into the future. I'm sure we'll get more than our fill of going to performances, games, etc. someday, but right now, its just down right adorable. Who knows....maybe I'll never get enough?? :)
I could kiss that little face all day long.
He went between shaking and eating the jingle bells most of the time. ;)

Comments

2 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

I love his little reindeer shirt! what a great program to be able to go with your little one to something like that!

Ashley and Aaron said...

Um, I would LOVE watching Finn in something like this! Your totally right, they totally don't get it, but there is just so much JOY in seeing your child do new things. Cal looks like a natural!