Christmas this year was wonderful and so much fun for our family. Dan, Cal and I spent it in Phoenix and had almost a full 2 weeks there! We had planned to go to Colorado for the second week but unfortunately weren't able to at the last minute--so we decided to stay in AZ and we were so glad we did. It was so relaxing and just perfect. Because of our last minute plans changing Dan needed to stay at work until the 23rd, so Cal and I went ahead of him to be there for the weekend before Christmas. Dan drove over and met us right before Christmas Eve. We were so bummed to miss out on the time with Daddy, but glad we got to have the extra time with my family while my sister Amy was in town. I am so grateful to live such a quick drive away from my Mom. I love visiting her and spending time at her house. I always feel so at home again and just love all the time we get with her. She is the best Grandma in the world to our sweet Cal and he just absolutely adores his Grandma A. I seriously can't get enough of the two of them together.
Christmas at Grandma's house is the best. There are the yummiest treats to eat, the most beautiful and exciting decorations, music, movies, games, and all sorts of fun. Cal was in heaven. This year for Christmas it was kind of quiet and it was mostly just our family, plus my sister Amy, my stepsister Meredith, and when we got a chance to see them, my stepsister Holly and her family. It was a small but fun group. Cal had the best best time playing with his Aunt Amy. I could not believe how fast he attached to her and just acted like he saw her every day. He can say Mama and Dada, but he has never said anyone else's name before including his own. Well, that is, at least until he met his aunt Amy!!! He quickly learned how to say "Amy" or "Mimi" as it sometimes sounded. It was the cutest thing. Even after Amy left he would say her name whenever we asked. So precious. I am so glad we got to spend time with Amy Sue. I just love seeing her and visiting with her. We laugh our heads off at all our silly inside jokes and just have a grand old time. She is such a dear person in my life and I love her so much. I am so grateful my little boy recognized her dearness as well. :)
Well, to start our Christmas Vacation, we had to celebrate a little early with Holly and her boys since we wouldn't be able to see them Christmas day. So we opened gifts for them at Grandma's house and that included our traditional matching Christmas outfits. That is one thing I love about Christmas---your whole family can wear matching outfits and you don't even feel stupid--It's just plain fun! :) My mom got all us girls the cutest red puffy vests and made us candy cane scarves. We also all got matching PJs of course! Photos were a must.......
Christmas Part I: Christmas Clothes and Family Fun
Posted by Dan and Ashley on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 | 2 comments
The girls in their vests
Me and little Sue
Ian, Cal, and Campbell just hanging out like cousins should-snuggling next to each other on the couch watching a Christmas flick
Grandma helping Cal open an early Christmas present--trucks!
Cutest Momma ever
Grandma A & Papa Don
Sweet little Campbell sportin' his scarf. He is too darling.
The boys in their matching PJs
Girls in their PJs
Me, Ames, and Mom
Cute girlies
And this is poor Elmo watching lots of new toys get unwrapped and wondering if he'll ever get played with again. Does this remind anyone of Toy Story?? :( Sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Comments
2 comments:
Ash! your hair is SOOOO long-- I love it. Don't ever cut it. Although you can pull off the cute short do too!
Looks like a very fun Christmas.
What a fun Christmas! I'm so glad we got to come see you and Cal! Will you email me that pic you took of us? If you still have it!
Post a Comment