At the beginning of October we celebrated Dan's big day. It was a perfect day. Cal and I decorated in morning, made homeade cards, and baked his favorite lemon cakes. Then Dan took a half day off and we went to lunch at a Thai restaurant recommended by our friends. The Curry was scrumptious. Afterwards our favorite babysitters came and took over Cal duty for us while Dan and I got to skip out and have some much needed and much cherished one on one time-- in the daylight no less!!! We had to take advantage of getting to go out during the day so we headed to the beach and had a great time swimming in the waves together. Then a great dinner at a Mexican "hole in the wall" with delicious Tortilla Soup, followed by hot chocolate at Starbucks and then back to the beach for more relaxing time, watching the stars and cuddling up under a nice warm blanket. We had the greatest time laughing, talking, and messing around with the camera--taking millions of funny (though often blurring) photos. It felt like we were kids again and we had a blast together. Finally to end the night we came home, relieved the great babysitters (Andy & Mel), ate cake, and watched Iron Man. What a day! We love you Danny! I am so grateful to have you for my husband and my best friend and Cal is so lucky to have you for his Daddy!


Comments
1 comments:
Um, that sounds amazing!! I was just thinking about that charades game we played at Dan's b-day party a few years back...something about explaining it, then only using one word, and then charades? I don't remember all the rules but it was really fun...I remember Zane chose some South American dictator that everyone had a hard time guessing :)
Post a Comment