Ah......Date Night. The best. Doesn't happen nearly enough but oh how welcome it is when it comes around! Although we aren't as good as I wish we were about going out every week, Dan and I do try and scooch out of the house and leave the little one with one of Dan's oh so wonderful family members while we take off for a night on the town every few weeks. It's always kind of weird/hard to leave Cal, but having time alone with Dan makes up for it and the best words to describe it are refreshing and rejuvenating. There is just something necessary about getting away, getting out, and feeling young and womanly again. Not that I don't feel that way other times, but having a real reason to get dressed up for the hunny, doing my hair just right, and putting on my lipstick makes me feel great and just isn't the same as doing all that for a night watching TV on the couch. As much as I love "Scrubbin'" it, I equally love getting all gussied up, wearing cute clothes, and feeling carefree. :) I like to believe that even though I clean two toilets a week, cook dozens of meals, wipe poo poo off of who knows what, and clean up other interesting messes, I actually do have a "lady" under here somewhere.:) Going out on a date with just Dan and I helps me remember all that and I just love the time alone with him. It's so fun talking, laughing, exploring new places and staying out REALLY late. (Something that I do miss from our 'Pre-Cal' days.)
This particular date night was perfect. We ate a wonderful dinner, shopped around a bit,( found the CUTEST outfit on sale that Dan totally spoiled me with--I even got to wear it out of the store....I was on cloud nine :) ), and then stayed out to a movie til 1 am. Traditional date night, yet perfection in my eyes. And of course, we even had a little fun with the camera at dinner.....
A wonderful night!

Comments
3 comments:
oh sounds like so much fun.
That is awesome! Date night is the best and I hardly even remember the last time Clifford and I went out by ourselves! It's hard not living by family to babysit whenever! YOu're lucky! Take advantage and do it more often! You look gorgeous! Where did you get that shirt? I love it! You have the cutest clothes ever! Where do you get all your cute clothes?
Hey Guys,
There is a site called $30 date night that gives couples heaps of date ideas to do for $30 or less.
There's even a city guide with a few San Francisco dates on it too.
It's free to use, and you can even add your own $30 date ideas to it - that way other couples in San Francisco can experience similar date night hat you go on.
I thought you may come in handy for you.
Post a Comment