(Warning: Long Post....you don't have to read :) I just want to remember everything! )
So You Think You Can Dance is probably my favorite show of all time and ever since I first saw it I have wanted to go and be on the show. However, I never ever thought I'd be able to get tickets so even though I found a website to get on a waiting list for tickets I just assumed I'd never get them. But last Thursday I got an email saying I got tickets to this weeks show and I was beyond excited! (I think I jumped up and down like a 12 year old girl in fact :) ) We decided to make it a girl's day and I went with my friends Lindsay M and Lindsay R. We all 3 love the show and we were thrilled to have a little break from Momhood, so our girl's day trip to LA was quite exciting. We knew it was going to be a really long day with a lot of waiting around so we tried to gear ourselves up. (Lindsay M is even 37 weeks pregnant but she still wanted to go and I have to say she is one serious trooper! She did amazing!)
We left SD early in the morning yesterday and arrived in Hollywood around lunchtime. We walked around The Grove for awhile and window-shopped, then we grabbed some lunch at the Farmer's Market. While we were walking around we saw Tyce Diorio (one of the choreographers on the show) eating lunch. We were pretty excited and got a few pictures even though we felt like complete dorks. It was so fun though. Because we didn't want to risk not getting into the show, we wanted to get in line early, so after lunch we dropped all our stuff off in the car and got in line. (You can't bring a purse, a phone, a camera anything!!! Bummer!) Although it ended up being a few hour wait by the time the show actually started, it was well well worth it! It was so so so fun being on the set and seeing everything! Lindsay R and I got to stand up in the balcony up on the right hand side of the stage and so we had an awesome unobstructed view of the whole stage looking down on it. (and we could even see backstage a little.) Since Lindsay M is pregnant they said they'd be able to find a seat for her even though almost the entire audience is standing room only. But they said Lindsay R and I most likely wouldn't be able to sit with her. We understood and were just glad Linds would get to sit--we didn't need her going into labor all the way up in LA! We felt bad that Linds was all by herself especially when we got to our spot up in the balcony and realized how sweet it was! But that didn't last for long because when they finally did seat Linds she got to sit in the row directly behind all the choreographers and right behind, you'll never guess....Paula Abdul!!! Okay, that is seriously amazing. We could see each other the entire show and kept waving to her over in the bleachers. She was on camera SO much it was awesome! Every time you see the choreographers you'll see her!
The show was unbelievable! It was even more amazing than I thought. I loved every second of it and I think we screamed our heads off. I had the hugest headache after the show. :) The stage was so much smaller than it appears on TV it was crazy, but Cat is just as unbelievably tall and beautiful as you would imagine. The dancers were so good and everyone seemed so nice. All in all it was just plain rad. The show will air this Wednesday night so be sure to look for us--I'm not sure if we'll be on the camera or not (Lindsay R and I are in the balcony to the right of the stage if you are looking straight at it.)
After the show we were completely exhausted from the whole ordeal and from standing for 2 hours so we booked it to The Cheesecake Factory and had a relaxing dinner before our drive home. It really did turn out to be the best Girl's Day ever and we had so much fun! I can hardly wait til tomorrow when we can watch the show all over again on TV!
At The Grove before the show
Tyce eating lunch!
More spying on Tyce
Lunch at the Farmer's Market
Dinner at Cheesecake

Comments
13 comments:
I am so completely jealous, you have no idea. I love SYTYCD and have rallied a bunch of my friends to go to the show when the tour comes to SLC. That is so awesome that you got to go to a taping...and a baby-free day?! Please, that is a treat in itself. While we're talking about the show, what the heck is with Will getting voted off??!!! I heart him...but now I want Chelsea Hightower or Twitch to win.
PS: I laughed out loud at that picture of you with Jazz Hands in front of Tyce Diorio...you are hilarious.
Oh my gosh that is seriously so cool!! I have been totally keeping up with the show this season and I love all Tyce's dances!! I will totally be watching tomorrow (assuming I'm not in active labor) and looking for you and your friends. The tour is coming to San Jose in Sept so I might try to get tickets if I can. Anyway I'm so glad you were able to go that is just the coolest.
Oh wow, it sounds amazing!!!! and to think I could have been that 4th person, I just can't stand it. I can't wait to watch for you tomorrow night. It looks like it was everything you could imagine.
P.S. are you allowed to tell anyone ahead of time what the dances are like or what the judges say? just curious if you are like sworn to secrecy or something?
what?.... dan didn't want to go.
ps. you need to box up cal's little smile and sell it! it's worth millions
that really is soo cool. I too love SYTYCD, the bummer deal is that they air it, Sat night at 7 pm. I typically, don't get to watch it :( You have to record your episode and maybe somehow I could get a copy. What a fun experience.
How fun! I'm so jealous, you just had my perfect day! I love love love this show, I'll be watching for you tonight!
Lex, no we weren't sworn to secrecy about anything....the dances were all amazing and the judges pretty much loved them all too! :)
How fun! I am super jealous! What an incredible memory!!
We will so be looking for you tonight :)
oh my gosh!!! I am so jealous. Phil & I LOVE that show! I will look for you tonight and your friends.
OMGOSH!!!!!!!!!!! You are SO on the hot tamale train!!!
SYTYCD is my favorite thing of the summer. I seriously look forward to it all year! I am so jealous. It is so cool that you saw Tyce. I am going to look for you on TV tonight, and if you ever score those tickets again, CALL ME and I will be on the first plane to Burbank! LOL!
How awesome for you! I am jealous! That would be so much fun! Looks like you girls had the time of your life! Especially with no kids! The best ever! haha I love the one of you spying on Tyce! haha So funny! I love all of your new posts! So cute! I love the fair too! I am so glad your mom and Don got to come visit you guys! I bet that was fun!
Post a Comment