Sea World, Legoland, and Graduation

We finally decided to get season passes to Sea World and we are soooo excited to go! We made our first visit with Dan's family for his Mom's 50th birthday. We had so much fun despite the insane heat wave that day. Cal loved watching the shows and particularly loved the dolphins (so did I :) ). I just love theme parks and its so fun that in Southern California we are so close to so many. I think I would've been in heaven as a kid. It's also nice having passes because you save so much not only on tickets, but on parking, etc. and you don't have to kill yourself trying to see everything in one day. We can just do a few hours on a Saturday and have so much fun. Unfortunately, we didn't take many pictures this first visit to Sea World, but I'm sure we'll have many many more pictures in the future. :)

Mimi and Cal watching the Shamu show!

Daddy and Cal and lots of flamingos

Cal and Dan sportin' the new Ergo Baby we got! (BTW--we LOVE it! We loved using the Bjorn so much but Cal was just getting too big for it--so we decided to sell it. We got good recommendations about this one and it is wonderful. SOOOO comfortable and so versatile. Great for us.)

Something cool we realized after we moved in is that we live less than 10 minutes from Legoland! But it gets better....on top of that, the last hour everyday is free at Legoland (and parking too)! SUUUHHWWEEETT!! I'd never been there before but I'd heard it is really fun for younger kids. Obviously Cal is still quite small but he loves getting outside and watching interesting things and Legoland is really fun for that. And when he get a little bigger it will be perfect because there are little playgrounds for kids, fun rides, waterparks, tons of cool lego models, etc. Plus with it being so close I don't feel guilty driving there and wasting gas. It's really a perfect situation all around. Hooray. Here is a picture of our little fam one Saturday afternoon at Legoland by the lego model of San Francisco. I couldn't believe how neat it was.

Cal and the Lego Golden Gate Bridge in the background

Another fun tidbit....Dan's youngest brother David graduated from high school last month!!! Can't believe how old he is! Congrats Dave!

Comments

6 comments:

Holly said...

Looks like fun Ash! Jon may go to San Diego for a conference in September - The boys and I might have to tag along so we can hit all the fun spots and play with you guys! :)

Erin said...

Holy Cow I can't believe they can do that with legos. Wow!

Em said...

Thanks for posting, its fun to see everyone! I can't believe Dave is graduated!! Time flys. I am sure it's nice being so close to so many great things. Looks like fun.

hdawgy said...

Sea World is so much fun! I can't wait to take Corban someday! He would love it! Those legos are so cool too! They almost look real! You're lucky to be so close to all the fun stuff!

Kristen M said...

Fun times for you and the fam. I went to Sea World yesterday and thought of you. It did not take us long to get to San Diego area. Legoland was super close. Carlsbad area is where you are? If so it was not a far drive at all. Aaron and I are wanting to do a day trip coming up so maybe we will head on down there. Sea World was so much fun!!!

Kim said...

So fun, you are so lucky to be so close! And I know those passes will be great! He just seems so happy all the time... is he ever grumpy?