Crawling, Climbing, Standing, Pulling......You name it!!!

Well our little man is certainly growing up.....birthday numero uno is just around the corner. Although we're not quite to walking just yet, he has mastered many other new tricks lately:

- Crawling at the speed of light (or so it seems to mom when she's chasing him)
- Climbing on everything
- Pulling himself up to stand on anything and everything
- Clapping his hands
- Using his two adorable little bottom teeth to chew on stuff, especially his lovely crib (he's had these for about one month now but I never seem to get a very good picture of them).
-Waiving (the other day at church we were sitting there and Cal turned to a baby sitting next to us, waived and said, 'Hi'.....that was the first time he did both those things and it was sooo cute!)
- Says 'Dada' all the time and means it :) and says 'Oh' all the time. I think he also may try to say 'dog' but I'm not totally sure. It wouldn't surprise me though since he is obsessed with Cruiser.
- Loves playing fetch with Cruiser. He races around the room to get Cruiser's dog toy, grabs it, then triumphantly holds it up in the air while he waits for Cruiser to come snatch it out of his hand (which Cruise does ever so delicately--what a good dog!), then giggles and giggles at him, and thinks he is just the funnies thing ever. Then he repeats this about 10 times. It's my favorite. He also likes sitting in Cruiser's dog bed as evidenced from the photos.
- Eats anything he can get his hands on---he's eating pretty much all regular food now.
- Loves to give big slobbery kisses when asked
- Just as sweet as ever!!!

It took me so long to get used to seeing him standing up in his crib every time I went to get him. It makes him seem so big and cute and it melts my heart.
Caught in the act.....
Gerber Biter Biscuits = HUGE sticky mess

I just love when he slaps the spoon away when I'm trying to feed him....okay I'm lying
Can't get over how much I love these pictures of him in Cruiser's bed! However, I don't think Cruiser is quite feeling the love. ;)



A couple weeks ago we went out to eat at a restaurant we haven't tried before here in Carlsbad called Pizza Port. The pizza was really yummy and we thought Cal would like it too.....yep, he did. He was really into it. Haha. I can't get over those faces. What a little grease ball.





Comments

9 comments:

Matt & April said...

I can't believe how big he is getting!! It really is exciting to see all the new things babies master!! Alyssa just learned how to roll over a few days ago and I can tell she can't wait to start crawling!! We sure were blessed with such wonderful babies!!!

Julie Weiss said...

I just adore his smile the most out of everything! Isn't it crazy how the smallest things are sooo dang cute. I bet he is saying dog... One of Tyler's first words were WOOZOOOOH.. That's Raider.

Erin said...

Oh my gosh I know I say this all the time but Cal and Isaac are exactly alike. I was reading this and could check off every one of those. I need to do a post like this on Isaac. That is so funny about the dog bed. We have the exact same one (go Costco!) and Isaac gets in it so much that I told Bryce I was going to buy him his own:).
I love all these cute pics! Cal is such a cutie and so funny.

Zane and Lexi said...

Oh we can't wait to play with our friends in San Diego!! We are leaving today and we'll see you soon!!!

hdawgy said...

It's amazing how fast they learn and pick up on things! So cute all that he is doing! He will be walking in no time! He is so stinkin cute!

Lance and Becky said...

He is getting so big! Where has the time gone! We need a Henry fix! The post below...love the Henry boys curly hair!

Ashley and Aaron said...

We give Finn those biter biscuits while we eat dinner and then he always goes straight in the bath...they are so messy!

THE MEYERS said...

Hi Dan & Ashley! This is Amy (Carpenter) Meyers. I found your blog through Matt & Liz and always sneak a peek at your cute family. We just started a blog: meyersmemoirs.blogspot.com
It's not as cool as your, but check it out and keep in touch!

Christina said...

Hey Ashley, you guys look like you're having a lot of fun...Cal is getting so big and still as cute as ever.

Oh, we went private with our blog, and I don't have your email address to add you to the list...send it to me at christinabwilliams@gmail.com and I'll put you on the list!