Last week Dan and I went to Utah to celebrate his official graduation from BYU! We are so excited and proud of him for this great accomplishment. Dan's degree was in Communications with an emphasis in Advertising Marketing. Although Dan technically finished school in December and has since started his job here in San Francisco, he still had to finish up a 4 credit internship requirement--which he used his job hours to complete. So even though we've sort of already moved on from the college scene, we are so glad we decided to make it happen and just have us go out there for his graduation. I think it was good closure after a long few years of a lot of hardwork, sacrifice, and money hopefully well spent! :) It was really nice to take this trip because I was able to do it in conjunction with a work trip for me. So I flew out on Sunday evening and worked in the office Monday-Thursday. Dan met me in Utah on Wednesday which made it so much more fun. Being away from home without Dan I've decided is the worst. I miss him so much! But once we got there we had a great time seeing friends and family, eating at some of our favorite places only found in Utah like Papa John's (YES! can you believe it?! There are none in SF!!), Costa Vida, JDawgs, etc., having a fun baby shower with the girls from my work, and enjoying the beautiful and warm spring weather in Utah.
This first set of pictures is from the first day of Dan's graduation at the Commencement exercises for the whole school. We decided to go and rough the crowds since US Vice-President Dick Cheney was the keynote speaker. Although there was a lot of fussing about his appearance from what was probably a small group of people, the talk seemed completely normal and your typcial "go conquer the world" graduation speech to us. But since we aren't incredibly opinionated when it comes to politics, I'm sure many people could argue otherwise. Either way, it turned out to be a nice ceremony and a fun experience.
Us in the Marriott Center with a packed house
Dick Cheney & President Hinckley walking to the podium My Favorite Graduate!
BYU Graduation - Day #1
Posted by Dan and Ashley on Saturday, May 05, 2007 | 3 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Comments
3 comments:
Congrats Dan! We're proud of you and know you will be very successful. You are great, and we love you guys!
Congrats! Isn't it a great feeling!? It was fun seeing you guys even if it was short - Utah's not the same without you!
It looks like you guys had tons of fun. I'm sad we couldn't be in Utah. I think I almost bought that dress you are wearing like two days ago at Target, is that where you got it? You look really cute pregnant!!
Post a Comment