Arizona

A couple of weeks ago my entire family gathered in Phoenix for my Grandpa Updike's funeral. Unfortunately, Dan couldn't make it with work and the last minute planning, but we are grateful that I was able to go and be there for it. Although it was very sad to say goodbye it turned out to be a very happy reunion for our extended and immediate family and a wonderful opportunity for us to celebrate Grandpa's life. I was glad that it turned out to be a happier time than a sad time because I think that is what Grandpa would've wanted. It was so great to reminisce about him and to smile and laugh with our family about wonderful memories. All of my siblings were able to be there and it was great to see them all. It was so cool seeing all of my family gathered together there and to think that Grandpa is the one that started it all. What a cool feeling! I'm so grateful for such an awesome family that brings so much happiness to Dan and me. What a wonderful thing! Here are some pictures from my time in Phoenix.

My sister Amy holding my niece Rachel

Amy and me

Carlie (my niece), my Dad, my brother Jon, sister Allyson, and sister Amy

The 4 crazy Updike kids

Me with Grandma Cheri

My Dad with all his siblings--Jim, Karen, David, and Lorraine

Ames and I keeping Chandler (our nephew) entertained with some vogue shots

Baby Rachel

Comments

3 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

yea! new pictures - looks like you had a good time with the fam in arizona! see, you are a darling pregnant girly!

Miller Family said...

The reason for the visit was sad, but it looks like you made the best of it. It is fun to get together with family!!

Lance and Becky said...

Ashley, you are the cutest! I love the pictures, and I miss your Dad! He's such a great guy! You have to tell him Lance and I say hi! It looks like you guys had so much fun seeing your family (considering the occasion).