Happy 9 Months Little Calvinator!


Today my little peanut is 9 months old and I can hardly believe it. Every day he makes me so happy. I never could have imagined how much love I would feel for one little boy. He is a true sunshine and makes everything brighter. I am so grateful that the Lord felt like he could trust me with this little one, and even though sometimes I feel so inadequate, I still can't wait to spend the rest of my life trying to be the best mommy I can be for him, loving him, teaching him, watching him grow, and helping make all his dreams come true. I love spending my days with him and I'm so grateful I can. Being a part of his life is like witnessing a miracle everyday. Thank you Cal Bear for making me a Mommy and for being the best little buddy I could ever ask for. I love you peanut!

It's crazy how much bigger he seems than he did just a couple months ago. He is so busy and has started doing so many things. He is such a patient little guy and so so good-natured. Considering that I'm his mother, that in itself is a miracle. Haha! He loves solid foods and will eat and has tried almost everything. He is chattering up a storm and most recently has started saying 'Da Da' or 'Da-Dee' all the time. It is the cutest thing in the world. I don't think he actually associates the word with his papa yet, but I'm sure it won't be too long because of the reaction we give him everytime he says it...haha...He also is just about to crawl and is scooting and reaching and rolling all over the place!! He's getting up on all fours and is just about there. He is so active and playful and just a ball of fun. He's also loving swimming and its so fun that we can take him here quite often. He got to play in the sand at the beach for the first time this last weekend and LOVED it! (Other than the one face plant he did straight into a sand pit filled with water...that of course, was not the greatest, but he recovered quickly :) )Can't wait to see what he'll be up to next month!

This picture was taken just this afternoon when we met up with Daddy for lunch down at Swami's beach by his work. I just love these boys. They are everything to me.


Me and Cal on Mother's Day

Cuddling in the love sac this past Sunday

Comments

12 comments:

Miller Family said...

Ohhh...you make me so excited!!! He is just so darling, I really want to see him again!! And motherhood just seems to fit you so well Ash, you look great!

Dan and Ashley said...

Hey! I thought I was the one that made you a mommy.

:)

Love you,
Dan

Erin said...

Watch out! He is going to be crawling around any minute now. Isaac started crawling right at nine months. Little boys just get more fun all the time. I sure hope Isaac and Cal get to meet sometime. They have everything in common!

Zane and Lexi said...

great pic ash! how's the photography coming? we are getting more and more excited to come see you guys in July!

Robin Randolph said...

Hi Ashley and Dan!

I can't believe Calvin is already 9 mos. old. I am so happy for your little family and all the joy that is yours, and the joy you share with so many. Love to you all!

Misti said...

I love that first picture of Cal...that is hilarious! He is adorable! We are plannig a trip to SD in August and would love to see you guys!

hdawgy said...

Ash I can't believe Cal is already 9 months old! Crazy how time flies! I love all the new posts! So fun that you got to go to the park! It gets funner the older they get too! The park is an everyday event for us when the weather is good but during summer we even go twice a day! Corban even gets bored there cuz we go so much! haha I'm jealous you get to go to the beach anytime you want! Cal is gonna be a little beach bum! He is such a cutie patutie! He looks just like you! I'm glad you had a good mommy's day! You are a great mom!

Rachel said...

You're little boy is seriously so cute. I'm so glad you're enjoying being a mommy.

Ashley and Aaron said...

It is so fun that our little guys are the same age because they are experiencing lots of things at the same time. Except Finn hasn't been to the Caribean yet, or the beach for that matter...I guess Cal is ahead of him! It's so fun when they start making new sounds...the other day Finn literally said "Goo Goo Ga Ga"...Aaron and I laughed so hard.

Carpfam said...

We miss you guys!! I just love reading your blog, it makes us so excited to be neighbors again!!! Cal is growing up so fast and is just adorable! I love that picture of him!

Lance and Becky said...

9 months! Wow, I can't believe that! I love that little picture of him, he's such a little cutie pie! And Cruiser..happy birthday little buddy. Lancer sure misses you!

Kim said...

Ashley! Oh my gosh he is so cute! He looks a lot like you. I have entered the world of blogging... a little late, but i've arrived. I wish I could see the live version.