A few weeks ago we had our first official beach weekend. On Friday night we met our friends Brandon and Lianna as well as Jess Parks and her girls down at Moonlight Beach to have a picnic and enjoy the sunset. It was so beautiful and it was so fun to be able to run over there for the evening. On Saturday we went back to the same beach with the Gibbs and Dan's brother David and his friend came too. We had so much fun enjoying a whole day in the sunshine and in the water. Cal did so great I could hardly believe it. We just took his pack n play with us (along with our entire living room it felt like....haha) and set it up on the beach with the umbrella shading him and he just played in there with toys as happy as a little lark the whole day. It made it so fun. Dan and I even got to get a way for a little while and boogie (sp?) board. We had the best time--I couldn't stop laughing and smiling. I love playing with my husband at the beach. He is truly my best friend in the whole world. After the sun starting going down we went and BBQed over in a grassy area and played some volleyball for a little while. We had such a great weekend and it really felt like we lived in San Diego for the first time. It's pretty cool that we only live about 2 miles from the beach....I think we'll be seeing a lot more of it.
Beach Day
Posted by Dan and Ashley on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 | 7 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Comments
7 comments:
holy cow, you were at Moonlight Beach this weekend?! So were we. We were there Saturday night. We had a bonfire and played beach volleyball. How did I not see you? Crazy!
I am free every single night and every other Saturday. We must get together my dear.
I am so glad you got out and enjoyed the beach. I also think boogie boarding is great exercise in addition to being fun. Fighting past the waves with your board before each ride is really hard work. So now you have a new workout friend in addition to the stationary bike.
Cal seems like such an easy going kid. Isaac loves being outside too. We are lucky mommies!
Have fun and stay away from sharks!
Ashley, that is such a funny picture of Dean and Cal, I can see his face smashed up against the pack n' play and imagine him saying "hey, Calvin, let me in so I can play with you". yes, you are so lucky that he just laid there. We had fun too, thanks for being friends we can count on.
I'm so jealous. We put Tyler in a pack and play and within 30 seconds of his feet hitting the ground he freaks. He refuses to be confined ... ever... just yesterday he got a box of strawberries out of the fridge so he could use it as a stepping stool to get even higher in the fridge. He's a climber and a mover that's for sure.
I love the beach! and boogie boarding for that matter. Looks like such a perfect spring day - can't wait for July! It was good to talk to you yesterday, I want to hear more about your photography learnings!
I am so jealous! Looks like tons of fun! I can't believe you are only 2 miles from the beach! So fun!
Wow, those water action shots looked like they were shot by a pro. Amazing!!!
Post a Comment