Last bits of our Phoenix Trip......

Okay, this is the LAST post from our trip to Phoenix...promise!! :) 
We had so much fun the second week just relaxing and doing some fun things around town, shopping, movies, games, more food, you name it.
Amy had to leave the day after Christmas so we finally had to say goodbye after a fun day of shopping and dinner at Oregano's
We made Smore's in Grandma's Backyard

Yummy!


Played some more with Grandma's doggie door

Saw old friends--This is my friend Heather. We have been friends since we were five. We went to Kindergarten together and I'm pretty sure I still have a picture of her feeding crackers to my cow backpack....haha...only you Heather will remember. :) It was so fun to see her and her two cute kids while we were both in town for the holidays.

Ate at In n Out.....always a treat
And had so much fun at the McCormick Ranch railroad park where call got to ride choo choo trains (and totally learned how to say "Choo Choo") and a carousel for the first time. He was in heaven!

Having so much fun riding with Daddy on the train looking at all the fun Christmas lights!
There were characters walking around the park too and Cal spotted Cookie Monster and Elmo and he was done for. He spent about a full hour just talking to them, following them around, giggling and dancing around in circles just at seeing them. I've never seen him so excited about anything! He couldn't get enough. He kept waving at them, running after them wherever they went and yelling "Hi, Hi HI!!!" So so cute. Great memory. :)

Unfortunately, I don't have a good flash yet so it was really really hard to get good night shots. At least we got a couple with our point and shoot. Just wish they captured the moment better.

Comments

5 comments:

Miller Family said...

Ash I sometimes forget to check the blog because I'm use to my google reader telling me when you update, but it doesn't anymore since you went private. I love all your pictures. Cal is adorable, you and Dan look great, and you are doing an awesome job with your photography! I am seriously trying to plan a trip down south, even if it is just for a weekend, it would be so fun! Hope you are doing well.

hdawgy said...

haha Ash I will never forget trying to feed crackers to your cow backpack! Hilarious! Cal is such a cutie! I love him and I love you girl! You're awesome!

hdawgy said...

P.S. Sorry about Corban teaching Cal to play in the doggie door! haha

Carpfam said...

I love all of these new posts! I am already looking forward to Christmas next year!!

Ashley and Aaron said...

Amen to Liz...all these posts made me nostalgic for Christmas time again. I love that Cal loved Elmo and Cookie Monster so much...that is adorable. It makes me really happy that Finn loves to watch our Sesame Street Movie "Follow That Bird". It is the only one that he will actually sit and watch for a significant amount of time before he gets bored.