The Beach in January

In January we had a string of really nice warm days/weeks. It was kind of crazy. I couldn't believe how beautiful the weather was, but I also couldn't help worrying about how hot this summer is going to be if it is this warm now??!! I guess we'll see. We decided to take advantage of the gorgiousness though and took several outings to the beach. It was so fun to be outside, dig our toes in the sand, and enjoy the beautiful waves crashing....BUT we do have to work hard to keep the little man OUT of the waves. He doesn't seem to realize that the temperature of the water is FREEZING cold and he is basically magnetized to it. He loves the water. I can't wait for this summer so we can splash and play and roll in the sand and waves together and I won't freeze to death!

These pictures are from one Saturday afternoon when we went down to the beach with our friends the Gibbs and the Davises. All these pics are Dan's handiwork....I think he did a great job! It was fun just playing in the sand with the boys and having a little break from being behind the camera. This day was especially cool too because as we watched the sunset we could turn directly east and see the moon rising at the same time. The moon was huge and round and Cal immediately saw it and started to say "mooooonn". It really was an amazing sight!
And those are his teeth....all 8 of them :) He has quite the toothy grin these days.
Dean burying Cal's feet in the sand


Dean and Brandon

Comments

1 comments:

Miller Family said...

How fun! And WOW those moon pics are amazing.