Two is always better than one.....

I really didn't know what to expect for sure going from one kid to two. I geared myself up for the worst, after hearing so many people say so many times, how HARD two kids is. I was a little nervous, but I knew that I wanted two kids and that I was definitely ready for our family to grow. I wasn't really worried about what some people say of wondering if you can love your next baby as much as your first. I knew it would be fine. But I didn't know how it would really affect or change our little family and if I'd just be a big ball of stress. I mentally prepared myself for anything. Or at least I tried.

But what I didn't know or expect is how incredibly much I would LOVE having two children. Sure it is more work and there can definitely be stressful times, worry, frustration and plenty of challenges. But adding onto our little family has been the greatest blessing and so far, so very wonderful. I never imagined that having another child would actually make me love and appreciate and adore my first even more. Or that you can literally feel your heart expand and swell and grow as it does with love for that second baby. Or how when I see my husband with our two babies, I am overwhelmed with appreciation and just fall in love with him all over again in a new way. Or how having the two can sometimes (not all the time mind you) feel easier than one. And I never imagined that having a 2nd would make me so very sure that I wanted a 3rd. Someday.

I truly enjoyed my time with just Calvin. It was a time I will never ever forget. But as silly as it sounds, having the two kids makes me feel like we are a "real" family now. Haha. Not that we weren't before, but there really is just something different now. Something special. Something more. And I love it. 

I know things won't always be easy and that surely things get harder as time goes on and as families grow. But I just want to remember right now how grateful I am to be a mother and how special and humbling and amazing it is that I get to be entrusted with these sweet little babes--forever.

I have such a testimony of the family and what a brilliant and important part of Heavenly Father's plan it is. It's truly where I have found the definition of happiness. It is incredible, but I guess not all that surprising, how the things in life that are the hardest, most challenging, and require the most sacrifice, truly do bring the greatest amount of joy. I am such an imperfect mother and wife and I have so far to go, but I feel like these two little people and my hubby make me a better person and I learn so so much from them every day. As cliched as it sounds, I now know why so many people say it---I really DO feel like I have the best job in the world.

Comments

2 comments:

Kristen M said...

Just perfect. Your two are incredible. Congrats again. With a mom as beautiful as you it is no wonder why they are not just adorable but so sweet. Loved the birth story as well.

Jess and Matt said...

Ash, it really is the best job in the world, and you are a really really great mother! I'm so glad Scarlett is here safely and that you are transitioning so well from one to two kids. Tonight was a lot of fun, thanks again! See you soon!