Blessed Baby Girl & Visits from Family

Right at about 4 weeks old (July 18th) we got to bless baby Scarlett at our church. It was a wonderful day and an even more fabulous weekend because of all the special visitors we got to have! My amazing sister Allyson came all the way from Wisconsin with her 3 darling girls (we missed Marc and the boys unfortunately) to spend a few days with us and make it for the blessing. Then on Friday my Momma & Don came back over again from Phoenix to be here for the festivities and to take Ali and the girls back with them. So we had a packed house, but it never felt better! I just love love loved having my family here and had serious withdrawls when they left. I've realized I'm not always the greatest host or know just what to do with a full house, but I just am such a people person and love having everyone close and spending time together even if I'm not the most organized! :) I'm so so sad I didn't take more pictures with my sister and her girls. I guess with everything going on and having a baby in my arms most of the time and just so caught up in visiting and having fun, I forgot to really take many pictures. But we did have fun! I loved getting to see my sweet sister which just doesn't happen often enough. It was so sweet of her to come all the way out here. We got to go to the beach, the splash park, and the Kids Clubhouse. We played cards and baked (Allyson made us the most delicious food!!) and Cal had a blast running around with (and occasionally tormenting :) ) his adorable girly cousins. Ali was so so helpful with everything around the house and is like a baby whisperer in her spare time. :) She was such a big help with Scarlett and it was so great having my biggest and best source for baby info and questions right here in person rather than thousands of miles away!!! Now I just wish she actually did live closer. Boo! :(

The blessing day was great. We actually made it to church on time....nothing short of a miracle. And Dan gave Scarlett the most beautiful blessing. Afterwards we came back to our house for a little gathering. I swear Ali and my Mom were like saving graces. They cooked and cleaned and organized and shopped and prepared.....basically did EVERYTHING to make it possible for us to pull off the little luncheon after the blessing. I will forever be in their debt and want to cry when I think about how wonderful they are. It was so fun having friends and family come and celebrate our little lady. Such a special day.

With Ali, Mom and Scarlett

Sisters and Ali with her first niece!
My cute nieces: Kierstyn, Carlie, and Rachel
Cal with his cousins
Our interesting attempts at a family picture. Sweaty and stressful I tell ya. :) Too bad Cal didn't want to cooperate and you can barely even see Scarlett. But, best we got......lol

4 Generations: Dan, Mimi, Grandma Meier and Scarlett
Mimi and Scarlett
The poor sleepy girl who broke out with the WORST acne 4 days before she got blessed. Seriously, it was so so bad. Poor thing. 
Grandma A and her girl

Besties. Love this girl.
 Liz is having a baby in January!!!
And lastly, couldn't resist these pics of cute Olivia hamming it up in my heels sometime that afternoon. She is too adorable.
And Cal was right there with her.

Comments

3 comments:

Misti said...

Ash! I have been so busy and haven't checked your blog forever. Scarlett is adorable. Congrats to your growing family. And...you look amazing, as usual.

Joan said...

You brat! How on earth are you so stiking SKINNY after just having a baby!? :)
In other words: you look fantastic. That tangerine sweater on you is perfect with your tan skin and blonde hair.
Oh..and I have I told you how much I adore the name Scarlett?! She is an angel.

Ashley and Aaron said...

Oh Ash I am just so happy for you and your family...and am so excited to see you in a month! Please don't make any plans for Sept 19-20 cuz that's when we'll be at Matt and Jess's and we must see you. Also I LOVE your new header pic. "Sunny Side of the Street" is Finn's favorite song that I sing him at bed-time :)