Last Sunday, on August 15th, we celebrated our 7 year anniversary.
Could it really have been that long since we were living in apartments just south of BYU campus? Completely carefree about life. Serving at a little pizza joint. Skateboarding down the canyon. Staying up til 4 am just to hang out a little longer. Hardly anything to our names, but completely fine. Young.
Totally and utterly in love.
I sometimes can't believe that I was really 19 years old (4 days shy of 20) when I got married. Looking back I feel like we were babies. And yet....I always knew. I was ready. And looking back on my teenage years I always felt like I was a little different, always looking towards something a little more permanent, more committed, more forever. And I was ready for it. I just didn't know he would come into my life so soon. And boy am I glad he did. I think when you look back and feel young, it is mostly just a product of the new life experience you have and the perspective you have gained through trials and triumphs. And its crazy to think there was a time when you didn't know the things you know now. About life. About heartache and pain. About pure joy and love. About each other.
But one thing I knew then, know now, and hasn't changed one single bit in 7 years except just to be reconfirmed over and over again...
is that Dan is meant for me and I am meant for him. Although so very far from perfect, we are perfect for each other in every way. The more years we have spent together, the more we grow and learn and share, the more I am blown away by the amazing man I chose and was so very fortunate to marry. He is truly the most incredible husband, father, and friend, and I sometimes can't believe I get to have him all to myself.....forever.
I can't wait to see what the next 7 years hold. I love you so much Danny and always always will.

Comments
1 comments:
Beautiful couple. You both chose well, and it is fun to see you grow closer and become more of a team as the years go by. I love you both!
Post a Comment