Memorial Day was a wonderful weekend. We finally decided that in way way too many months of being so busy and having weekends filled with errands, chores, etc., we just needed to take some time and do some fun things together as a family. So we took major advantage of the gorgeous weather and spent lots of time outside--at the beach and even camping. On Saturday we went down to Offshore in Carlsbad with Steve and Rachael. The day was perfect and the kids had a blast playing together. I loved sitting in my lounge chair like a beached whale and soaking up the warm sun. :) It was lovely and felt so, so good to do something fun all together.
All I brought along the whole weekend was the snap and shoot so pictures are a little grainy.
Cal loves his "surf" board
Cute Madison
Cal and Mom loungin'
burying the kiddos
Another thing we have been dying to do for way too long it go camping. We got Dan a new tent for Father's Day since the one we've had since our wedding and loved (from Zane and Lex no doubt!) has seen much use and may need to be retired. Plus, a little more space for the car camping days ahead with kids sounded appealing. So we found our 7 man Taj Mahal at Costco and were itching to break it in. I did think twice, knowing I am 9 months pregnant and not sure how that would be, but Dan is a sport and packed everything to make us as comfy as possible. And because I was so excited to take Cal camping for the very first time and just to go camping myself, I decided we should give it a go. What the heck....I don't sleep well at home right now either, right? So on Sunday night we got some friends together (Steven and Rachael and the Parks Fam) and headed up Palomar Mountain to give Cal his first camping experience. I am so glad we did! We had a great time and although I probably haven't slept that little in well....hmm...a long time :), it was well worth the memory and the fun we had.
When we got there Sunday night we made tin foil dinners (my fav!) and let the kids run around like little rugrats in the dirt. It was great.
Our attempt at a family photo....yikes
The Dads and their boys. They were so excited to help their daddies with all the camping work like chopping and gathering wood, etc. Such cute little helpers!
Me and my boy ready to make and eat some delicious smores!
Well Cal just mostly liked the marshmellows. :)
This little boy LOVES flashlights and sticks and exploring and climbing. He couldn't have been more in heaven. He tromped around the campsite like Davy Crockett all day and night long so darn proud of himself.
Dan and his new tent!
All the kiddos playing Monday morning.



Comments
1 comments:
what a fun weekend! and what a cool new tent :) those pics of dan and his brother and their boys will be priceless someday! glad you're feeling well - can't wait to hear of baby girl's arrival!!!!
Post a Comment