Well all the waiting is over and our precious little lady has made her debut into the world. And what a debut it was.
Scarlett June Henry
(Middle name is after her darling Great-Grandmother and fit perfectly with her due date!)
Born on June 19th, 2010 5:22 am
8 pounds 3 ounces and 19.7 inches long
She looks almost identical to her brother when he was born but has lots more hair....all blonde, and so far has dark blue eyes.
She is perfect in every way and we couldn't be more humbled or grateful or blessed to have this little spirit in our home.
The birth was beautiful and went as smoothly as we could've hoped for with no complications. We got to have a VBAC and I even made it all the way through completely natural without drugs. Not that I didn't want or maybe even beg for drugs as some points.....but, in the end we did it--exactly as we'd hoped and planned. :) I am dying to share all the details, but just don't have the time yet to sit down and write everything, and since I am dying to get some pictures up for friends and family to see her, the story will just have to wait a few more days. But it will come....probably with even more hospital pics.
For now though, here is a little introduction to our little baby girl, Scarlett June.

First looks


Proud Papa and Mama


Could NOT have gotten that baby out and into this world without that amazing husband of mine. So much love for him. And I think seeing him cuddle our babies is about my favorite thing in the entire world.


It was so special introducing Cal to her. He ran in the room and was BEYOND excited to see his sister and bring her a toy he has gotten for her. He immediately wanted to hold her. He couldn't wait to meet the sister we've been talking about for so long. He was fascinated and told me "Mommy, baby sister came out of your tummy!!" He kept looking at her and saying, "Ohhhh..." in the sweetest little voice. He would point out her little features and say things like, "oh, look at those little eyes." What a sweet big brother he is.

Our little family of 4
(Please excuse my serious case of the chipmunk cheeks btw....I got a little swollen after the delivery :) )





So glad she is finally here safe and sound.
More pictures to come of her first days at home.

Comments
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, I feel like I have been waiting and WAITING for an update. She is beautiful Ash! I love her so much and can't believe how much she is Cal's little replica. That picture of you with your babies, and then the family picture totally made my eyes tear up. I am so, SO happy for your beautiful family. I am so proud of you for having the birth you were dreaming of having, and for being so brave and strong. I am proud of Dan for being there for you every step of the way. I am so happy for your sweet family and wish so bad we could be closer so we could visit sometime soon and squeeze those precious kiddos of yours. Oh, and just your shush about chipmunk cheeks. I have bigger cheeks TODAY than you do in any picture. You are gorgeous, and if I didn't love you so much I might hate you for looking so dang good after having a baby. I don't look that good on a GOOD day. Can't wait to hear more and see more pictures. Keep 'em coming and don't stress about them being perfectly edited, I need more, now. Love to you all.
the woods
Ashley she is so beautiful! You have the perfect little family! It makes me so excited for my little girl to come! I can't believe how amazing you look right after giving birth...you go girl!
I am so impressed that you did it natural! That is really amazing! What an accomplishment!
I can't wait for the extended version of the birth story! :) Keep the pics coming! Hope you are doing well!
oh my goodness! she is so beautiful! and I love her name. So pretty. CONGRATS you guys!!
Congratulations!! She is a doll and looks totally like Cal did when he was a newborn. And way to go Ash on doing it all natural. You have come so far in the last few years, good for you. And you look amazing. I'm just so happy for you guys.
Post a Comment