6 Years of Love

Saturday was our 6 year anniversary. Can hardly believe this much time has passed. I feel so happy and grateful for all that we have experienced these last several years together. It's crazy to think how much has happened, how much hasn't happened, and dream about what the future holds. I feel so lucky and blessed to have my best friend beside me every day and I can truly say that I adore him. In every single way. We have our moments, don't get me wrong. We are far from perfect. But we are still crazy in love and so content and grateful with our life together and our special little family that is "ours". There are so many evenings when we are just home, doing nothing out of the ordinary and I just watch Dan and Cal working in the yard together or the 3 of us steamrolling across the family room floor giggling and I am just literally overwhelmed with the love I feel for them and I seriously feel like a queen. I couldnt' ask for more.....I love you Danny. Thanks for the 6 BEST years!!!

We definitely celebrated this anniversary in style this year thanks to my Dan. If anyone knows him, you know that he is the king of planning cool things and finding unique, steals of deals to make it happen. This year was no exception. He found on Craigslist a 32 foot yacht for rent for an entire day, plus convinced the guy to trailer it to two locations in San Diego so we could play in the ocean and Mission Bay during the day, but still get to see the harbor and the city lights at night all for the most ridiculously low price. Seriously I don't even think our rental fee could have covered the gas the boat used. It was insane. And very very cool. :)

Our great friends, Matt and Jess Parks, came out with us during the day and we just had a blast the four of us. (Our kiddos stayed behind with our families who were so sweet to watch them for us!) I'll admit that Jess and I were a bit anxious at first when we were experiencing some VERY big swells rocking the boat to and fro (and poor Matt got pretty sea sick for an hour or two), but we quickly adjusted and got used to it and enjoyed laying out, relaxing, snacking, napping, chatting---seriously just the most laid back day. The boys had fun doing the same, but they also drove the boat all over, wake-boarded some, spear fished, and did all the food prep (including making the most delicious bagel sandwiches ever). It was really just an all around amazing day.
0005
0017
0014
Another thing you know about Dan if you know him is that he LOVES boats and grew up enjoying sailing and just being on the water in any type of boat he could. He is like a kid in a candy store when he sees one and especially when he gets to drive one! He asks me all the time if we are rich someday if he can buy a boat. I always say, let's work on the getting rich part first. ;) I was a little nervous at the beginning that we had that big old boat all to ourselves but Dan did a great job driving. I was impressed.
0004
The Parks enjoying the delicious bagel sandwiches Dan made for us!
0007
A view from the bow.
0003
Jess and I relaxing in the sun. Trying to get rid of our tan lines....obviously :)
0001
0015
A view of the inside of the boat. It sleeps six!!
0016
Beautiful Jess
0019
0018
Matt manning the boat while Dan wakeboarded
0024
It was fun seeing Dan wakeboard. It has been awhile since we've gone out. Plus he looked good in his wetsuit. :) Love you babe.
0021
0022

0013
0012
0011
We stayed out on the water for several hours until the sun was going down. Then we docked, Matt and Jess headed out, Dan and I went and grabbed some food down in Old Town at Fred's, and then we met the boat owner who had moved the boat for us to the Harbor so we could take it out for 2 more hours in the dark and see the city lights. We were pretty exhausted by this point, but we were so so glad we went out in the harbor at dark. It really is just breathtaking being on the water at that time, seeing the lights all around you and the majestic downtown just glowing next to the water. The views were amazing and it was a fun reminder of the day Dan proposed to me 6 1/2 years ago and our boat ride at that very spot. So romantic. The perfect ending to a perfect day. We took pictures, watched a fireworks show that just happened to take place, cuddled, and sped around the bay. Can life get better??!!

0006
0009
City lights, but couldn't pick between black and white or color.....It was hard to get a shot at all of the city considering we were on a boat rocking all over in the pitch black with a tiny flash. But we did our best.....
0008
0010
And lastly, radial blur of the city I got all on my own. I was excited.

Thank you so much babe for the best day ever. It was so fun celebrating our anniversary and having a special date together. What a great memory!

Comments

8 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

leave it to Dan to plan an awesome memory for your anniversary! glad you celebrated in style :) we love you guys - happy 6 years!

Jess and Matt said...

Wow, that is so awesome. Way to go Dan! I was just imagining how wonderful that day must have been for you! Happy anniversary to you two! You are the cutest couple and your love for each other is so evident. We wish you many, many more amazing anniversaries!

Julie said...

Happy anniversary! It's crazy that 6 years has already gone by. It looks and sounds like you a great day to celebrate!

Miller Family said...

What an AMAZING way to celebrate your anniversary!! Dan is the man! You guys are seriously so cute together and it is so obvious that you are madly in love. Happy 6 years!!

Jess and Matt said...

Thanks for such a fun day you guys! Happy Anniversary! We SO enjoyed celebrating it with you. You got some really great pictures. I love the ones of downtown San Diego, so beautiful!

Lindsay and Family said...

Seriously, that looks like the best day ever. Happy Anniversary!

Joan said...

What a stud!? That is such a romantic, adventurous idea! I LOVE it! I think a little bird might have to whisper that idea into my husbands ear ;)
Don't get me wrong: he's creative like that but it's been awhile since we've done something that fun together.
I'm so glad you had such a lovely day.
Happy Anniversary!

Misti said...

Dan is amazing!! Congrats!! Sounds like you had a BLAST!