So I think I just had a reality check. I feel like I was a little negative in my last post and I feel like I need to take a step back and clarify. I've really been struggling lately feeling so stressed out and overwhelmed at everything going on in our lives and I think will it all I've just been a little down. But in thinking through it, I realize that in the long run this is so silly. Why am I so stressed out and complaining about moving and changing jobs, apartments, friends, etc.? Sure it is change, and change in general can be tough, but seriously, what am I complaining about?? We are so fortunate and blessed to have so much and just having this opportunity for new experiences and growth is so wonderful. I feel so grateful that we have a roof over our heads, clothing, food, our health....everything we need. I guess I just feel like amidst all this chaos and stress I finally had a realization that I need to change my attitude and show more appreciation for all the Lord has given us--which is more than I could ever ask for or possibly deserve. It's crazy how quickly we can forget our blessings and so easily dwell on our challenges and I'm really hoping and wanting to do better at that. So I just wanted to apologize for my silly negativity and say how grateful I am for all that we have--no matter how topsy turvey life may seem at the moment!
What more could we ask for....
Posted by Dan and Ashley on Wednesday, February 27, 2008 | 9 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Comments
9 comments:
Hey Ashley,
I appreciate you last few blog entries, Scott and I have been going through some similar things, and it is hard, so I am glad that we arent' alone, and at least you have a job, and know what you will be doing and where you will be living, we aren't even at that stage, but getting close. Thanks for sharing that , and it is great to see you family blog, and your cute little guy. Take Care, and Good Luck, Mara
Salutations Dan & Ashley...oh & Cal! I love blog surfing and finding old friends & acquaintances. Where do you work now Dan? I don't recall from our 199th ward days what you were studying...was it communications of some sort? Take care.
Lydiabug.blogspot.com
Hey Ashley! What a fun new adventure, you always have the best outlook on life.
Dan said you guys are going on a cruise to the caribbean next week. Tough life. Seriously. How do you handle it? J/K Call me when you get home!!!!
Hey Ashley, I don't think I've ever met you, but I knew Dan for a little bit. I'm Lee's 3rd kid, Matt (like there aren't enough Matts already...I know).
We've moved a few times, too and we can both relate to the difficulty and the stress. With each city we've lived in we've had to learn to live a little differently, and choose to look for the good things which really are different from city to city, but it has always been good because we choose to make it good.
We definetely wish you guys the best. Good luck and congrats on the better job, Dan.
Hey so i think I accidentally errased your email, so I dont have you email any more. Will you email me again so I can give you my number. Hope you had fun on your cruise!! So jealous!
Yea! I am glad you made it safely. Thanks for the message, I just got it and I linked you too! Now we can keep in touch! Miss you!
Katie
Glad you are getting settled! Good luck with all of your new changes and can't wait to see new pictures! Enjoy your vacation! :)
Post a Comment