
Okay so today was not a good day. As I was feeding Cal this morning at 6:30 am, Dan took Cruiser outside to go to the bathroom.....unfortunately, on their way back to the house the pup had a little encounter with a seemingly cute and harmless baby skunk crossing his path. (I know right??---skunks in the middle of San Francisco????? Seems crazy, but in case you didn't know, there are tons of racoons, and skunks, and all sorts of creatures meandering the city streets because of all the parks close by and the climate.) As Dan started to scream Cruiser's name to try and get him not to go any farther, in the blink of an eye the little skunk just raised his tail ever so slightly and sprayed our dog. Dan came into the baby's room and announced to me that cruiser had been sprayed by a skunk and I thought he was joking. Then I saw the panic in his face and all of a sudden out of nowhere, caught whiff of the most incredibly potent and disgusting smell in the world permeating through our house. I wanted to choke and die. What a nightmare!!!!!!!! Needless to say, Dan did not make it to work for another two hours while he scrubbed our dog over and over again with every homeade concoction we could find on the internet for removing skunk smell from dogs while I simultaneously did everything I could possibly imagine to reduce the awful odor that was everywhere. Cruiser hadn't even touched anything except in the bathroom, but it didn't matter. The smell was unstoppable. After Dan finally,had to give up and leave, I continued to bleach every surface in the bathroom, boil vinegar over the stove, spray every air freshner in our house, flung every window open (even though it was pouring rain) and tried many many other attempts to get the smell out. Luckily, it has finally improved a little as the day has gone on, but it is now 8:30 at night and we are still bathing our dog relentlessly and trying to air everything out. Our entire apartment building reeks!!! Even when I left the house today with the baby to run errands I still smelled skunk all over us everywhere we went. Seriously, a perfectly good day ruined!!!! The poor dog has been in his kennel the entire day silent, knowing how awful a predicament he has gotten us in. Luckily he is losing his smell slowly so maybe we can give him a little love tonight. Poor little guy.
Well, moral of the story.........never, ever under any circumstances underestimate the power or a skunk and steer clear my friends, do NOT let this happen to you! YUCK!!!!!!
We've been skunked......and unfortunately, I'm not kidding
Posted by Dan and Ashley on Wednesday, February 20, 2008 | 7 comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Comments
7 comments:
Oh yuck! I am so sorry. I heard tomato juice works. Hopefully the awful smell goes away soon.
What a nightmare!
When I was a kid, a skunk made a nest under the front step of our house and DIED there. That was pretty nasty.
oh boy...my aunt loves the smell of skunk, wierd I know! That is really bad, hope it will go away soon!
That stinks! Maybe you guys should just move!
Ewwww. Poor cruiser probably was bathed more in one day than his entire life 'til now.
Funniest thing I have heard in a long time. I am sorry about your smelly day though. I am going to remember this story and forgive Molly the next time she has one of her gross gassy days. Poor Cruiser.
That is a really funny story! I can just see the look on Dan's face when he told you that Cruiser had been sprayed.
Post a Comment