We're Having a Boy!!!!!!!!

So that is our big news. Yesterday we had our ultrasound and found out we are having a baby boy!!! And for any of you doubters....we have pictures below to prove it. :) It was so fun having the ultrasound and getting to watch him move around and picture what he is doing in there. It was also a relief that everything is measuring right and looking great so far. Dan and I both took the day off work and we just hung out after our appointment, went baby shopping, than went to dinner last night at Outback with our friends Matt and Liz to celebrate. It was so fun to start looking around more seriously and buying a few odds and ends. We had a great time looking at boy stuff and trying to imagine what it will be like to have a little son. We can hardly wait. Everything seems so much more real now and it feels like we have much more of a connection to our little guy just knowing what he is--it's hard to explain. Although I admit I am a little nervous having grown up with mostly girls, I'm so excited to figure this out and learn to be a good "boy mom". We are 18 1/2 weeks now and moving right along. I've started to feel the baby move just a little bit over the last week. I'm sure it will continue to get stronger and stronger as he grows but it has been fun to feel something inside my tummy like nothing else.

The 1st picture is his foot, 2nd his 'proof of manliness', 3rd his little profile

Me waiting for the ultrasound to start--a bit nervous

Hearing the news--It's a boy!

Finally for all you curious souls--a belly shot. More to come....

Comments

15 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

yeah! finally a belly shot - you are so tiny...can't wait for the real stuff! ha he he We are excited for you guys! a boy! you will be great boy parents

Lianna said...

Yea, a boy! I am so excited for you guys. Having a son is so fun. Our boys can be friends. Congrats!

Lindsay De McBride said...

Ash,
you are hot with that beautiful belly. i love it. we are so excited for you guys. we love you!!

Bart and Michelle said...

Congrats on your baby boy news! I, too, am from a family of ALL girls, so I was also nervous about having a boy--but I have absolutely LOVED all 2 years of being a mom to a boy! You will love it! Congrats again!

The Collins said...

Ashley!! Oh my gosh I havent talked to you and Dan in forever!! Congrats on having a baby boy!! I am so excited for you guys! I had no idea that you lived in San Fran. I bet you are loving it especially having matt and liz there. It is so fun to see pics of you and Dan and all that is going on. I am so excited I found you on here. We will have to stay updated, etc. when are you due in August? I had carter on August 18th, well that was almost 2 years ago. But we are also expecting our second. Not until the end of october though. Well congrats again and hope to stay in touch!

Lance and Becky said...

You are sooo stinking cute Ashely! You are still as tiny as ever! I'm so excited for you guys! Boys are a blast! You guys will make such wonderful parents. Congrats, and we are so very happy for you! We love and miss you!

Brynn and Jesse said...

Hey Ashley! It's Brynn, Lexi's friend from Salt Lake. I love reading about what you are up to and I'm so jealous you are living in San Francisco! I love that city! Congratulations on the baby. You will be such cute parents!!

nathan said...

WAHOOOO!!! I love it! You look so cute. The second picture down...what a good little shot! We are way excited for you guys! CONGRATS!

nathan said...

Sorry the little thing I just wrote is actually from Kelly Evers not Nate and DES. Sorry, we are in the process of getting a new comp. I forgot to sign out of their blog. Sorry!

Connor said...

Congrats!!! That's awesome, I'm happy for you guys!

Holbrook's Blog said...

Hey Ashley, It has been forever since we have seen you. I just wanted to say Congratulations and you both will be excellent parents. A boy will be way fun.

Cotter said...

That is really exciting! I recently heard someone say that Heavenly Father is sending down all these boys because he is going to need them as missionaries to spread the gospel around the world. Cool thought. Congrats!

Jess and Matt said...

YAY Dan and Ash! I am SO excited for you. You are going to be the BEST parents...your little man is a lucky guy. Ash, you are absolutely the cutest pregnant girl EVER. We love you guys!

Steph said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys!!! That is fun you are having a baby boy!!! You look so cute prego! You are so tiny! You guys will be the best parents!

The Good Life said...

Congratulations! Sean and I are so excited for you! Dan, if you would have asked Sean a few months ago he would have told you that he wanted a boy for sure! But he has gotten used to the idea of having a girl especially after the ultrasound. Ashley, you look so good! I can't wait to meet your little boy. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!