We're Having a Baby!

So we know most people have heard our 'Big News' by now, but we thought we'd make it official by putting it on the blog! Dan and I are having a baby! We are so excited we can hardly wait! Our due date is August 26th so we are 4 months along or 17 weeks---getting close to half way done! We are so grateful that we'd made it this far and we're hoping things continue to go well. We have been to the doctor's twice and heard the heartbeat both times and all our tests are normal so far. In one week from today we have our first, and probably only, ultrasound and we'll hopefully find out the gender. We can't wait for that so that we can start making more plans and doing some shopping to get all ready for this new little arrival. Neither of us have a feeling that it is going to be one gender or another so it will be interesting to see. I'm also getting very excited to feel the baby move so that I can really be convinced that there is something in there. :) Sometimes it all just seems so surreal.

I've felt pretty darn good so far other than 4 or 5 weeks during the first trimester when I felt nauseous a lot and just sort of like I had a constant flu bug. But very fortunately that time has past and now I feel great! Other than the expanding waistline I feel mostly like myself. I know every pregnant woman has said this but this time of pregnancy really is so awkward because I can't really fit into most maternity clothes yet except some shirts, but my normal clothes don't fit at all like I'm used to them fitting. So I pretty much just feel frumpy all the time. I can still get the jeans to button but it is definitely a stretch and they usually get undone about half way through a meal. Luckily working at home has been great---I can wear sweats everyday!!! I honestly don't know what I would do if I had to get dressed normally each day. Hopefully things will start to feel more comfortable though once I can wear real maternity clothes. I'm sure things will happen quickly from here. No matter what though I am sure it will be all worth it. Dan and I are just thrilled and are very excited to be parents. We love kids both so much and can't wait to have one of our own. Sorry there are no pictures of the belly yet---we'll try and get some taken soon. We'll post lots of pictures and updates as we get them though.

Love to you all!!!
-Dan and Ash

Comments

7 comments:

The Richards in Canada said...

CONGRATS!!! Wee are SO excited and happy for you guys!!!

Zane and Lexi said...

Finally! We are excited for you guys and can't wait to stay updated with more pics (coming soon we hope!)We Love you guys!!

Jen and Joe. said...

Congratulations to you two! We're SO happy for you guys! You deserve it!

Bart and Michelle said...

Hey Dan and Ashley! Congrats on your exciting news! I'm only about a week behind you, Ashley! We are excited for you guys and hope that everything goes well!
-Bart and Michelle
(Zane and Lexi's friends) :)

tyler said...

We are also having a baby! To find out more on this matter, visit http://tyler-katie-mcbride.blogspot.com/.

Cotter said...

Congratulations!!! I have been reading your blog by clicking on Zane and Lexis link but I have yet to comment. I decided this was good news to comment about!! We are excited for you two (I guess three now!)

-Cameron and Lyndsay
(Zane and Lexi's other friends)

The Evers said...

Picture please... I have been being very patient!!!! Ash with a tummy, I cant even imagine!