Thanks to Dan's Mom (Mimi), we enjoy the freshest of fresh eggs every week straight from her very own chickens! They taste amazing (soooo much better than store bought eggs), and the grandkids love visiting the chickens every time we go for a visit. Well, it was time for a new generation of chickens and so this year Mimi got 10 new baby chicks. She let each of the grandkids take a some home for a couple weeks to play with while they got a little stronger and closer to being ready to head to the coop. We were the proud caretakers of 2 of the chicks and Cal was over the moon. He thought they were the greatest little pets and asked all day everyday if he could hold and play with them. He even named them (with a little help from a couple of his favorite shows :) )--Ruby and Annie. I was mostly worried that the chicks wouldn't even survive our house (and a very strong 2 year old), so I was pretty proud when after a full week, they were both still alive and well! It was definitely a fun week for Cal while we had our little birdie visitors. They got LOTS of love and attention--that's for sure! :)
This is Cal with Annie the chick.





Comments
5 comments:
K these are such the cutest pictures. That is pure joy all over his face and the little fuzzy chick. . .darling!
I love the black and white. :)
Those pictures of Cal and the chick are PRECIOUS!! Such a sweet boy. You are an AMAZING photographer Ashley.
These pictures are just precious! I love all the different expressions on his face.
How nice to have fresh eggs! And not to mention the cutest little chickies. How was the trip!!?? And how are you feeling?
I understand your sentiments perfectly, Ashley. I had Max when James was almost three. It experienced such a juxtaposition of feelings: sadness to let go our duo days--just me and him, but still knowing that the added bundle would only strengthen our bond and build our family.
Post a Comment