I love you Stinker


I'm realizing my time and days spent alone with my little boyfriend are coming rapidly to an end. I literally can't wait to have two little ones. I feel like my heart is so full and so ready to love another tiny sweetie. But, I will never, ever forget or take for granted the almost 3 years I've had with my curly-haired boy. He is my buddy and my side-kick and I just love that kiddo to pieces. He may be wild and rambunctious, but he is also so sweet and tender and has the funnest personality in the world even with all that energy. :) He is so social and just loves everyone. We finally moved him out of the crib and into a big boy bed and he did so great. It was so strange for me though to see my baby boy in such a BIG bed. He looked so tiny and I just couldn't believe how fast they grow and change and how fun it is to watch and witness it all. Over the past few months he has become so much more the cuddly little affectionate snuggler and now with the big bed he wants me to lay down with him every night so we can "nuggle".  Then he puts his nose right on mine and gives me an eskimo kiss and pats my cheek softly. I just love it and want to soak up every second. His random and unprompted "I love you Mommy" or "I love you forever" 's throughout the day just melt me. 

I feel so lucky to be his Mommy and I hope even with all the change that is coming, that we can stay best buddies forever. I love you stinker.

And just because I have to write it down.....
He has been saying prayers for awhile now, mostly repeating what we say. But this week he has decided he wants to "do it on my own". This was the prayer he said tonight at bedtime.

"Heavenly Father, Thank you night. 
Thank you blessings.
Thank you Mommy.
Thank you Daddy.
Thank you Mommy.
Thank you Calvin.
Thank you bed.
Thank you pillow.
Thank you dresser.
Thank you wall.
Jesus Christ,
Amen."

I just have to smile.

Comments

2 comments:

AmySue said...

Love this!! :)

Jess and Matt said...

Oh that is the cutest little prayer. The innocence of children is amazing and wonderful. I love the picture of you two; it's perfect. Little boys are the best gift.