The last couple days on the cruise were so fun and relaxing! We seriously just slept, read, got in the jacuzzi, sat by the pool, went to the gym, went to the shows, and watched movies in bed. We enjoyed some of the amenities on the ship--listened to different musicians and checked out the ice skating rink and rock climbing walls. It was a great end to a great vacation!
Here is a list of highlights from the whole trip so I can someday remember everything:
-Happening to get a handicap room that wasn't being used at the last minute! Serious score. It was TWICE the size of normal rooms and was soooo fun and spacious feeling compared to normal.
-Sleeping in every day without ever setting an alarm or getting woken up by a little person!
-Going to dinner and a show every night with my hubby and not having to worry about a babysitter or rushing home
-Watching the sun set on the ocean every evening from the window in our room
-Getting to take a shower and put on makeup every night and take as long as I wanted to get ready
-Dance parties with Dan to Kanye and Alicia Keys
-Going to the gym almost every day
-Laying out by the pool for hours
-Reading & playing cards
-Sun tans
-Watching movies snuggled up in bed
-Eating whenever and whatever we wanted. Including breakfast in bed most mornings.
-Soft Serve cones on the pool deck
-Taking cheesy pictures with the ship photographers and laughing so hard I almost peed my pants
-Being with Dan for 7 whole days and not having to work or clean or stress about anything else = the best!

Our big handicap bathroom :)

Super cheesy picture of us in our "formal night" clothes

A view of two of the pools and deck

Dan took a shot at the rock climbing wall. They had so many fun sports activities on the ship. Would've been great for kids.

Our awesomely spacious room!

(Dan hates me for making him be in these pictures, but who wants lots of pictures of a plain old room?)

Playing cards in our room. Dan even consented to play a hand or two of pounce! It was a miracle. I didn't cheat either....I promise.



On our last night we ordered a Virgin Pina Colada at the show that turned out not to be so virgin. Yuck. Seriously? Alcohol to a pregnant lady?? Oh well, at least it only took one sip to figure that one out.

One of the greatest parts of the whole thing was coming home and seeing our little man after missing him so much for a week. I wasn't sure if he'd be funny towards us or ignore us, or what. But what we got was just the sweetest reaction ever. When we walked in the door he ran straight up to me and just gave me the hugest hug and kept holding me and grinning at me for probably 5 whole minutes. When he went up to Dan afterwards he just hugged him around the neck and put his forehead on Dan's and said "I miss you Daddy". What a sweetie. He wasn't mad or sad that we'd left, and he hadn't been devastated by us being gone, but you could tell he'd had fun on his little adventure and missed us lots too and was so glad to have us back. Which was just perfect. It is so important and wonderful to get away once in awhile, but it felt so so good to be back together as a family too. When we gave him his new little drum set he started playing with it and then said to Dan. "Thank you Daddy, this is my favorite toy." AHHHH.....what a peanut.



Comments
3 comments:
I LOOOOOOOOVE these pics. I love that you are my sister....and they we look alike, and do similar silly things. I miss you soooo much!
I just had to comment on this too! What a fun get away pre baby #2. You both look so great and in love! I am craving some Mexican food right now!
i miss u guys!!!!!
Post a Comment