Easter

Easter this year was so much fun! We kicked it off with an egg hunt the Friday before at the Carpenters...
PlayGroupHunt1
Cal did pretty good searching for the eggs but was mostly interested in what everyone else was doing. :)
3Girls1
Some of our favorite friends- Taylor, Maddie, and Kinz! I call them Cal's big girlfriends. They are such great little girls and we just love them. They are such cute little "mothers" to Cal.
Olivia
Olivia. So cute.


Friday night was the best surprise of all! Dan came home and surprised Cal and I with the COOLEST Beach Cruiser bike, with a baby seat attachment and the cutest little helmet for Cal to wear! The best part.....He bought it ALL on Craiglist second hand for an unbelieveable steal of a deal!! Way under $100. The child seat alone sells for over $150 new! Hooray! Seriously, the best present ever. We were so excited and so surprised. Dan is the best. Love that guy. We went for the most fun bike ride/run on Friday night. The weather was beautiful because it had rained all day and after the storm the sky was amazing. It was so fun and chilly out too. Here is the new bike! (We forgot to take pictures riding it, but Dan took this one at his Mom's before bringing it home.)
Easter Bike


Over the weekend poor Cal caught the stomach flu so on Saturday he didn't feel very good. Luckily though on Easter he was feeling much better and back to his chipper self. Easter Morning was the best! The Easter bunny left Cal's basket and gifts on his bedroom floor so when he woke up he was thrilled! He was chattering and giggling and it was so fun. I think he was very happy with the things the EB left! :)
EasterMorn
Daddy & Cal Easter morning
Goodies
He got his very own shovel and rake so he could help us out in the yard like he loves to do. He also got an Elmo movie and a book.
Rake
This is the little man in his cute Easter clothes right after church. As you can see....he couldn't get enough of his new toys.
Cheeky


Sunday afternoon we got together at our house with all (well most) of Dan's family. I always love getting together with everyone and letting all the kids play. We had a yummy roast and everyone else brought delicious sides to make a wonderful Easter feast.
TAble2
The spread....
Window
After dinner the kids got to hunt for eggs in the backyard. Cal was anxious to go see what the EB brought. :)
Teal
Hunting
He had fun hunting for the eggs,
Dirty
and getting very dirty in the process.
CHick
But it was worth it in the end.

Madison
Here is our niece, little Madison. She looked so cute and girly in her fun Easter dress and bow. I love it.
DannyBoy
Danny watching the kids hunt
UncDave
Unc Dave doubled as the Easter Bunny
PapaNoni
Grandpa & Grandma helped too.
AndyPh
And Uncle Andy helped us remember the fun day
EasterFam2
Our little family
EAsterFam3
EAsterFAm1
We are so grateful for this Easter season and especially for the opportunity to celebrate its real meaning--the resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. Truly the best gift ever!

Hope you had a peaceful and wonderful Easter too!

Comments

8 comments:

Joan said...

I. Love. Your. Yellow. Wall. Wow. Seriously.
Okay, enough with the "periods" already! haha.
I appreciate the fact that you went for it. Bright yellow. No soft, buttery yellow. It makes it so crisp and modern. Good girl :)
Lovely pictures. What a fun, festive Easter weekend :)

hdawgy said...

What a fun Easter! I love love love your bike!

hdawgy said...

YOur yellow wall is Awesome too!

Ashley and Aaron said...

Love all these Easter pics! Cal is such a cutie. Finn and I walked by J-Dawgs a couple days ago and he kept saying 'Cow! Cow!' I finally figured out that he was pointing to the grass where he and Cal played. It was soooo good to see you guys.

Littleton Young Womens said...

Okay I just went through all your new posts and you have some amazing pictures of little Cal! He is so adorable and has such great style already! Speaking of great style I love your family picture at the end too! You guys are so beautiful! We miss you!
Kell

erin said...

Cal is getting so big! Holy cow. And your hair is sooo long! Gorgeous!

remi said...

can you believe Cal's little smile??? It just melts my heart every time I see that little dimple.

Joan said...

NEW POST! NEW POST! NEW POST!
Can you hear me chanting that? haha.
I'm ready for a new one (although I'm sure you've got your hands full running too blogs among a million other projects you are working on b/c you are so talented and productive--you have always been). It's in your blood or something.