The 18 Month Mister
Posted by Dan and Ashley on Saturday, April 11, 2009 | 0 comments
With all the craziness of our last couple months I just got around to working on the 18 month photos I took of Cal back in February....embarrassing, I know, now that he is quite nearly 20 months old. But what can I say. :)
We had so much fun taking these pictures down in Carlsbad Village. Luckily Dan was there to help me keep the little man corralled and we snagged a few shots that I just love.
Cal is such a fun, wild, intense, silly, loving, playful, amazing little toddler and while he keeps me on my toes he's got me and his daddy wrapped around his little finger at the same time. He makes every day sunny and bright, filled with smiles and giggles and all sorts of silliness. Of course, he has his crazy moments where I'm pretty sure they mean the terrible ONES, instead of the twos, and I'm pretty sure no one ever adequately described to me the brute strength of a toddler....
but even then at the end of the day its all worth it and I can't think of anything, not ANYTHING, I'd rather be doing in my life than being his full-time Momma everyday all day. He really is a gift and we are feel so lucky he is ours.
Here are a few things about our little boy right now:
- He is my little side-kick all week long and then on the weekends he can't get enough of his Daddy. He is definitely a Daddy's boy.
- He LOVES his blankie and his binks
-He is really into music right now...listening to it, playing little instruments, singing songs, etc. We have a real guitar and a Guitar Hero guitar and he will find them both all day long and sit and play on them forever. He constantly is asking for it and it sounds a lot like "Car" when he says it. He loves his little drum too and his xylophone. He plays them ALL the time. And usually the way I get him to eat is by distracting him with songs. He likes dancing a lot too.
-He also LOVES balls and bats or really any object he can use to hit things with. :) And he does....
-He is a tough little man and even though he takes a lot of falls he is usually just back up on his feet in no time ready to try again. That said, he is very aware of all his "owies" and talks about them a lot.
-He is really into kisses and hugs right now. When he is excited or happy he will just run up to me and give me a kiss. He's also a little more attached to us than he was a couple months ago and is having a harder time when we leave.
-He loves being outside, going to the park, swimming etc.
-He loves being in the bathroom with me when I'm getting ready and thinks my makeup and brushes are really HIS toys. He'll stand on the toilet and brush the brushes all over his face.
-He really just wants to do anything and everything we are doing and loves to "help". He works out in the yard with Daddy a lot and will help me clean up in the house, cook, etc.
-He's getting to be quite the chatter box saying lots of new words all the time, but also still a lot of gibberish.
-He LOVES watching movies and will definitely let you know when he wants one :)
Okay, well to finally end this incredibly long post I have a few pictures from the end of our photoshoot. Since he loves playing on the guitar so much right now, we thought it would be funny to take him down to the beach and take some shots of him playing with it. He was pretty tired so not quite as exuberant as usual, but it was still cute. He was pretty enthralled by the little crowd that gathered to watch him though. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















Comments
0 comments:
Post a Comment