A Few Random Ones of the Boy

Cal is growing up so much I can hardly believe it! He is changing so much lately and getting so much personality. Way back in January at his 6 month appointment he weighed in at 16 pounds. What boggles me about this little boy is how he is so round and chunky and totally looks like such a big kid and then everytime we go to the doctor he is low in the percentile's for everything! He was only in the 20th percentile for his height and weight! So crazy! I think his chubby cheeks are what deceive me. They are so round and cute and kissable! I can't stop kissing this little bear! He is so much fun.

So one day I was at Babies R Us looking for something completely different and I saw the Exer-saucers. I put Cal in one just for fun and he started squealing with joy and excitement and playing with all the toys on it. He kept looking up at me like, 'What is this amazing contraption?' and of course I just couldn't resist when I saw this. So.....we went home with one! :) He loves it and it is great because it keeps him so entertained and gives him a little exercise at the same time. A very worthwhile purchase I must say! Here he is enjoying his new toy!



Please don't think I'm a bad mom, but my little boy LOVES Baby Einstein! He seriously could watch it all the time--if I'd let him. I don't let him watch very often, but every now and then when I just really need to get some things done (like packing and moving and unpacking again!) and I don't want him to feel totally neglected and still be mentally stimulated in some way, I turn it on for him. He is mesmerized. He's even started to laugh when the kids come on. It's so cute. Here he is watching his baby movies.

Here is a shot of him I caught while he was napping--I thought it was so cute how he was holding his bear by the tag! He now loves sleeping with his favorite blankie and teddy bear. It is so cute to tuck them in with him. He loves putting his blankie on his face and sleeping like that! It made me so nervous at first, but now I'm pretty confident he's not going to suffocate.....:)

Comments

4 comments:

Miller Family said...

I love the picture of him watching Baby Einstein, he is so cute. And you are not even close to being a bad Mom for letting him watch that! I'm so sad we won't be closer to you guys, I want to see the little guy again!

Matt & April said...

I love all the new pictures!! We miss you guys so much!! Cal is getting so big. Scout misses Cruiser too. We had so much fun while you guys were here. We hope to see you soon!!

Erin said...

I am so excited to see all the fun new stuff on your blog! Cal is such a big boy. I just put Isaac's exersauser away last week. Ever since he has been crawling, he has enjoyed it less and less. I am so sad everytime I put away "old" clothes and toys.
As for the Baby Einstien... I had planned to never let Isaac watch TV (and eat sweets, drink juice, etc.) but eventually you just lighten up I guess. Isaac loves "Neighborhood Animals" and "Baby's First Moves". He doesn't really care about the other ones. I own the bad mommy title though because he also watches "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "Tigger and Pooh". I have a video of Isaac watching Mickey that I will post that will make you feel all better about yourself :).

Zane and Lexi said...

zane loves cal's fly fishing shirt! where did you find that? he's getting so big and cuter every time I see a new pic!