Last month I turned the big 27. It honestly felt a little strange thinking that I am now officially in my "late" 20's. Hahaha. I know I'm not old, but geez, I feel like I was just 17 yesterday. The time really does fly. I had a wonderful wonderful birthday with my sweet little family and so many of our friends.
In the morning I woke up to Calvin and Dan singing me our Henry version of the Happy Birthday Song. We opened presents in bed and I felt like such a loved and lucky girl. Dan told me he was taking the whole day off work, which was the BEST surprise!
Cal was so excited. He wrapped this present ALL by himself for me. Tape and all. He couldn't wait to give it to me. It was Sour Patch Kids. :)

After the beach our hubbies had arranged for us to go get pedicures by ourselves and then go shopping or to a movie for a bit because they wanted to make a nice dinner for us and have it all ready when we got home. They took all the kids (except Scarlett) and we headed off. It was so fun and relaxing. After our pedicures, we opted for shopping (of course. :) and headed over to the mall. We had a little "too" much fun and were running a little behind on our way back home. We finally made it back to our house though and when we walked in, still in our beach grubbies, we were very SURPRISED to see SO many of our dearest friends and family members there for a surprise party!!! Dan and Matt were so sweet and planned the cutest party for us. They had BBQed and had the most delicious food all ready for everyone. I couldn't believe it--even my Dad was there! He had driven all the way from Utah to come out for the weekend. It was so special and so much fun. We felt so loved the whole day. Thanks everyone for making our birthday a perfect and very memorable one!!!
(I didn't take a single picture at our party sadly enough, so luckily my Dad took some and sent them!)








Comments
0 comments:
Post a Comment