Can't Seem to Stay Caught Up.....

Yesterday was a rough day. I'll admit.
One of those days where I honestly thought I was taking crazy pills I was so frustrated and impatient with my kids. I'm still not sure how I made it through to bedtime and got them settled and in bed by myself. (Mostly, Dan got home the last few minutes). I almost melted in tears about 5 times. I am a HUGE people person, and so I know it's bad when all I could think about ALL evening was how desperately I just wanted to be ALONE, all by myself, shut in my room, not speaking or listening or talking to or needed BY ANYONE.

PHEW.

But today is a better day. I can feel it. And what's a blog if you can't be completely honest that every day is not roses and butterflies?! 

Now Cal is at school. The house is quiet and peaceful and I have time to sit down and look at my millions of pictures. And I am reminded how special these kiddos are. How much I love them. And no matter how crazy life can be or how much they challenge me, they are worth it.

I wish there was time to document everything perfectly. But alas, there is not. So here are just a couple random recent pictures that I quickly pulled to see how much my babies are growing.
She is smiling....A LOT. Which is good, because she definitely knows how to cry her fair share too. :)
Man I love that cheeky grin.
And she rolled over yesterday. For the first time.
Cal cheered for her and said in a sugary voice, "Congwadulashuns Sissy!"
I love this little girly girl.

This is Cal with his friend Sydney. He LOVES her. About 10 months ago when he was still learning to talk, I told him we were going to go see Sydney and he was quiet for a second and then said, "Her boyfriend me!" :) She's definitely a favorite.
And yesterday Cal said he wanted oranges with his lunch so I got them out and put them on the counter. Then he told me he wanted to make me laugh so he proceeded to do the following. His very own idea and all on his own free will.....


It worked!! :)
Hmmm...maybe he's been around a nursing baby a little TOO much lately.......Yikes.

Comments

5 comments:

Kristen M said...

That is hysterical what Cal did to make you laugh. Love it. Your kids are just drop dead beautiful.

Zane and Lexi said...

Cal is a crack up. Can't wait for our boys to play again... and us :)

Jess and Matt said...

oh my gosh Ash, I laughed out loud at those pictures of Cal....especially the first one with that little smirk. Wow, what a cutie pie. I LOVE him. Scarlett is gorgeous. I could look at pictures of her all day long. I totally relate to those days when you really feel like you are on the brink of a total meltdown and a trip to crazytown. I have been there too many times. It eventually passes thank goodness. You are amazing and I love you to pieces.

Miller Family said...

Cal is a funny guy! Seriously that will be so funny to show him when he is older. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who sometimes wishes she had more patience. It is crazy how one day you can feel so flustered and the next day you are so enamored with them you can't believe you were ever mad. But just so you know you aren't alone.

Lu said...

Love your pictures always and love LOVE your honesty. This job (being a mom) is so not roses and butterflies. How true that is. Nice to hear someone else say it. :)