Cal and I share back to back birthdays, so the day after mine, we woke up and started the celebrations all over again. In the Henry house, we don't like to take birthdays lightly. :)
He has been looking forward to his birthday all year long. This is the first year I think he really understood what a birthday was and so he has been asking about his "OopDay", as he says it, for months. He would tell anyone that asked that his "OopDay" was on "Augst Twinith" (August 20th). When he woke up we let him open his presents from us in bed and he was so excited to get a tool box and a bike!


Daddy took him for his first ride and he did great!!


After Daddy had to go to work we opened presents from his grandparents and was so thrilled with his new toys. He loved his new books and Toy Story things. He played all morning with his treasures and had the best time. Papa Updike was still here too which was so much fun.
Then we made him his favorite breakfast. Mickey Mouse Pancakes. I even used our "Special" plate for him. He was pretty excited.


Daddy sent him a Candy Gram too! Cal thought it was the coolest thing that someone delivered his very own bag of Skittles from Daddy right to our front door!

That evening we took him Barnes and Noble to pick out a book and play and then we went to Chuck E Cheese for dinner. He'd never really been there before that he could remember so he was in heaven playing all those games and running around with Dad.




All in all I think he had a great birthday. The day after we had his party and pictures from that will be coming soon!!!
I just love this little man to pieces. I know I go on and on about how much he means to me so I will just say this....
The last 3 years have been the most special fulfilling years of my life because I have been able to be a mother to this little boy. I love everything about him....his good side, his naughty side, his crazy side, his sweet side, his cuddly side, his tender side, and his silly side. I can't wait to see who this special little person becomes as the years go on. He has taught me so very much. I wish I could just freeze him right now and keep him the way he is--with all the cute things he says and does. How he is such a cuddly Momma's boy right now and how he is just learning and changing and growing exponentially everyday.
He makes life so fun and interesting and oh so much more meaningful.
Words just can't describe.
We love you so much Calvin. Happy 3 years old!!!





Comments
0 comments:
Post a Comment