At the end of July we were so excited and lucky to have our amazing friends, Zane and Lexi, come to our house for a quick visit. Zane is in Med School and they have been living in the Caribbean and are now back in Michigan for the next two years--so needless to say, we don't get to see them nearly as often as we'd like! They are our bestest and dearest friends from college. I think I have a million memories with them in it. It has been 2 years since the last time we got to see each other and it kinda depresses me thinking how far away we are again, but I just like to keep up the hope that someday we will live right close by again!! We miss them so much. They have the two sweetest little boys close to our kids' ages. It was so great to see them and for little Zaney and Cal to finally play together. They turned out to be two peas in a pod and have amazingly similar personalities. I wish they could play all the time!
Sadly, we hardly took ANY pictures while they were here. I think we were just having way too much fun chatting away to pause for two seconds. :)
But here are just a couple we got of the kids having fun.
Cal and Zane being little goofs in the play room.



Watching a movie on the iPhone together.

Cal stubbed his toe and was being super dramatic about it, so Dan added to the drama by giving him a cast for his whole foot. Cal thought it was awesome. I thought it was hilarious.

This is adorable little Weston. Isn't he just the cutest?!

The Carpenters came over one evening for dinner and all the kids got to play and the adults all got to talk, laugh, and reminisce for hours on end. It was so much fun. Here is Liz, me and Lex.
'We miss you Shaeffers and can't wait until we get to see you again! Thanks for visiting, even if it was way too short. :(

Comments
1 comments:
OH I LOVED all the updates, especially this one :) Happy Birthday to you and Cal! It looks like they were both special. I love all the cute moments you caught of Cal and little Z. They really are two peas in a pod and I hope someday they can be roommates at BYU! We absolutely LOVED getting to see you and we just wish it was longer. Love you guys :)
Post a Comment