So the other day I realized I haven't taken a single belly shot so far this pregnancy and decided it was about time. I know, I don't waste ANY time popping out. I think people are always surprised now when they ask when I'm due and I say June. They give me this look like, oh wow, you have a long way still to go....Yikes. Haha. What can ya do. It is always so crazy to think while your pregnant how you can actually get any bigger, but then at the same time you have faint recollections of the last time, and know without a doubt that somehow you really CAN. :)
So here is my nice round buddha belly at 23 weeks.

I really do love this time of pregnancy from about 20-35 weeks. Maybe love is a strong word, but it is by far my favorite. :) The first trimester was rough this time. I felt super sick and yucky all the time up until about 14 or 15 weeks. But things are so much better now! I like actually looking pregnant (not just chubby), and this time around I really do have quite a bit of energy and I feel really great and am staying as active as I can. I love knowing the gender and feeling connected to my little babes, and I love love love feeling her move. Although, my babies don't seem to be super active inside....but not to worry, they make up for it once they are out and about 1 year old. :)

And on another subject...have I mentioned anything about the darling chairs we got recovered this fall??! On our trip to Colorado this summer we noticed at the cabin these two old lime green swivel rockers that my parents bought in the early 70's when my oldest brother was born. My Momma nursed all four of us babies in them and they have been around my whole life, but I just haven't seen them in a several years. I immediately became completely attached to them and to how sweet and sentimental they are and decided we had to find a way to get them home with us! So we crammed them in the car and dropped them off in Phoenix to get recovered. I was kind of in love with the old velvety lime green fabric, but it wasn't in the greatest shape, so I went with a daring choice of white. I know, everyone gives me a hard time for it, and even though I am a tab bit protective of them (haha) I just love the white. So fresh and clean and modern. They are the cutest little retro chairs that are SO comfy and completely adorable. They are perfect for nursing babies and I can't wait to use them to cuddle with my little girl just like my Mom did! For now we have them in our front sitting room with our Martini Olive walls and I love it. I still need to maybe find some cute throw pillows to put on them and definitely something for the walls since they are totally bare--but its a start!

And while we wait for baby girl to arrive so we can rock her in them, they are perfect for cuddling up with a good book!


Comments
11 comments:
You look great Ash!! Seriously, just the cutest little pregnant girl. And good work with the chairs they look amazing. I wanted white couches in our living room too and everyone thought I was crazy too. I ended up going with a tan color but still light. Can't wait to see you guys soon!
Ash you look great. your hair is crazy long i love it. i remember those chair. i always loved those. they look great. i love the wall color with the white chairs it looks really good. i miss you you are so beautiful.
so fun to finally see your cute belly :) and those adorable chairs! I'm so jealous that you actually have a house to decorate (which I'm still waiting to see pics of, btw)
oh, and since I can only dream about decorating a house - you can have this pillow I'm coveting....
check it out:
http://www.target.com/DwellStudio-Target-Yellow-Rosettes-Decorative/dp/B002W8TOEQ/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&frombrowse=0&node=1038576&keywords=dwellstudio%20pillow&field_browse=1038576&searchSize=30&id=DwellStudio%20Target%20Yellow%20Rosettes%20Decorative&field_availability=-2&refinementHistory=subjectbin%2Ctarget_com_age%2Ctarget_com_gender-bin%2Ctarget_com_character-bin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchNodeID=1038576&field_launch-date=-1y&searchRank=target104545&searchPage=1&field_keywords=dwellstudio%20pillow
p.s.
YOUR HAIR IS SO LONG and BEAUTIFUL!
I am forever in awe of your design sense! Seriously. I wish I had that. I can always recognize what I like but doing it in my own home is another story. The chairs are absolutely fab. Yes I just used the word fab. And, may I echo all the others in saying your hair is gorge. I'm not sure why I'm all about the shortened words right now but I am. Which one of us will chop our hair off first? I don't know but I have a feeling that once one of us takes the plunge, the other won't be far behind. How about I make this comment longer by saying we miss you guys too! Seriously I am so jealous that you and Liz and Jessica all get to be so close...I miss the good ol' days.
you look amazing!!! and i LOVE the chairs!
You are beautiful.
I ADORE your white, vintage chairs.
Your hair is SO super long.
PS: Shelley Cunningham came up to me at church today and said, "You need to come to my house and see my Ashley gallery!"
I guess she printed a series of pictures you took and has them up all over...how flattering is that?!
I am not surprised :)
K...I just now read everyone's comments. Funny how we all said something about your hair!? haha.
It's just really pretty and long, that's why!
you're pretty much the cutest, skinniest, sweetest looking pregnant girl I have ever seen! :) And I LOVE your long hair. You're just beautiful Ashley. And LOVE the green walls.
Post more belly pics! Like every two weeks! I hate that I'm not there :(
You look darling. Love these pictures. Your belly is awesome!
Post a Comment